Subject: [radext] RFC 6929 on Remote Authentication Dial In User Service (RADIUS) Protocol Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:30:42 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6929

        Title:      Remote Authentication Dial In User 
                    Service (RADIUS) Protocol Extensions 
        Author:     A. DeKok, A. Lior
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      68
        Characters: 133099
        Updates:    RFC 2865, RFC 3575, RFC 6158

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-radext-radius-extensions-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6929.txt

The Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) protocol is
nearing exhaustion of its current 8-bit Attribute Type space.  In
addition, experience shows a growing need for complex grouping, along
with attributes that can carry more than 253 octets of data.  This
document defines changes to RADIUS that address all of the above
problems.

This document is a product of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC