Subject: [radext] #169: WLAN-SSID Attribute redundant

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 03:58:24 -0000

#169: WLAN-SSID Attribute redundant

 As currently defined, the WLAN-SSID attribute provides the same
 information that is already provided in the Called-Station-Id attribute,
 namely the SSID (maximum of 32 octets).

 Since encoding the same information multiple ways is likely to cause
 interoperability problems, the proposed resolution is to delete the WLAN-
 SSID attribute.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/169>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>