Subject: Re: [radext] #153: Section 2.8 Access-Info

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 03:56:38 -0000

#153: Section 2.8 Access-Info

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 EAPOL-Announcement messages can be generic or specific.  They can also
 refer to a particular NID-Name.  So there is a question of how it is
 indicated what kind of EAPOL-Announcement message the access status is to
 be encoded in.  One potential way of indicating the NID-Name to which the
 access-status applies is to assume that it applies to the NID-Name
 indicated in the Network-Id-Name attribute.  However, the NID-Name
 attribute is not permitted within an Access-Challenge.  Should this be
 changed? Proposed text is enclosed below:

     The Access-Info Attribute is utilized by implementations of
       IEEE-802.1X [IEEE-802.1X] to specify the Access status information
       field within an Access Information Type Length Value Tuple (TLV)
       to be sent to the user within MACsec Key Agreement (MKA) or EAPoL-
       Announcement (Specific) frames.

       Zero or one Access-Info Attribute is permitted within an Access-
       Accept, Access-Challenge, Access-Reject, Accounting-Request, CoA-
       Request or Disconnect-Request packet.  When sent along with the
       Network-Id-Name Attribute, the Access-Info Attribute provides
       Access status information relating to that particular NID-Name.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  critical                 |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/153#comment:5>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>