Subject: Re: [radext] #153: Section 2.8 Access-Info

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:21:52 -0000

#153: Section 2.8 Access-Info

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 As discussed at IETF 87, it may be necessary to transport multiple EAPoL-
 Announcement TLVs, not just the Access Information TLV.  As a result a
 more generic solution is needed.  The proposed resolution is to define an
 EAPoL-Announcement Attribute in Section 2.8.  Here is the proposed text:

 2.8.  EAPoL-Announcement

    Description

       The EAPoL-Announcement Attribute contains EAPoL-Announcement Type
       Length Value Tuples (TLVs) defined within Table 11-8 of
       IEEE-802.1X [IEEE-802.1X].

       Zero or more EAPoL-Announcement Attributes are permitted within an
       Access-Request, Access-Accept, Access-Challenge, Access-Reject,
       Accounting-Request, CoA-Request or Disconnect-Request packet.
       When included within an Access-Request packet, EAPoL-
       Announcement Attributes contain TLVs that the user sent in an
       EAPoL-Announcement.  When included within an Access-Accept,
       Access-Challenge, Access-Reject, CoA-Request or Disconnect-Request
       packet, EAPoL-Announcement Attributes contain EAPoL-
       Announcement TLVs that the NAS is to send to the user in a
       unicast EAPoL-Announcement.  When sent within an Accounting-Request
       packet, EAPoL-Announcment attributes contain EAPoL-
       Announcement TLVs that the NAS has most recently sent to the user
       in a unicast EAPoL-Announcement.

       A summary of the EAPoL-Announcement Attribute format is shown
       below.  The fields are transmitted from left to right.

        0                   1                   2                   3
        0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |     Type      |    Length     |             String...
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

    Code

       TBD7

    Length

       >=3

    String

       The String field is one or more octets, containing EAPoL-
       Announcement TLVs in the format defined in Figure 11-8 of Section
       11.12 of [IEEE-802.1X]:

       0                   1                   2                   3
       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
       |    TLV Type |   TLV Length    |   TLV Information String...
       +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

       If multiple EAPoL-Announcement attributes are present in a packet,
       their String fields should be concatenated before being parsed for
       EAPoL-Announcement TLVs; this allows TLVs longer than 253 octets
       to be transported by RADIUS.

    TLV Type

       Any EAPoL-Announcement TLV Type MAY be included within an EAPoL-
       Announcement Attribute, including Organizationally Specific TLVs.

    TLV Length

       <=511

    TLV Information String

       The TLV Information String field contains information specific to
       the TLV Type.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-radext-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  critical                 |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  ieee802ext               |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  In WG Last Call          |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/153#comment:6>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>

---

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 23:50:14 -0000

Updated text:

 2.8.  EAPoL-Announcement

    Description

       Zero or more EAPoL-Announcement attributes are permitted within an
       Access-Request, Access-Accept, Access-Challenge, Access-Reject,
       Accounting-Request, CoA-Request or Disconnect-Request packet.

       When included within an Access-Request packet, EAPoL-Announcement
       attributes contain EAPoL-Announcement TLVs that the user sent in
       an EAPoL-Announcement.  When included within an Access-Accept,
       Access-Challenge, Access-Reject, CoA-Request or Disconnect-Request
       packet, EAPoL-Announcement attributes contain EAPoL-Announcement
       TLVs that the NAS is to send to the user in a unicast EAPoL-
       Announcement.  When sent within an Accounting-Request packet,
       EAPoL-Announcment attributes contain EAPoL-Announcement TLVs that
       the NAS has most recently sent to the user in a unicast EAPoL-
       Announcement.

        0                   1                   2                   3

    Code

       TBD7

    Length

    String

       The String field is one or more octets, containing EAPoL-
       Announcement TLVs in the format defined in Figure 11-8 of Section
       11.12 of [IEEE-802.1X].  Any EAPoL-Announcement TLV Type MAY be
       included within an EAPoL-Announcement Attribute, including
       Organizationally Specific TLVs.  If multiple EAPoL-Announcement
       attributes are present in a packet, their String fields MUST be
       concatenated before being parsed for EAPoL-Announcement TLVs; this
       allows EAPoL-Announcement TLVs longer than 253 octets to be
       transported by RADIUS.  Similarly, EAPoL-Announcement TLVs larger
       than 253 octets MUST be fragmented between multiple EAPoL-
       Announcement attributes.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/153#comment:7>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>