Subject: Re: [radext] #145: Allowable code points

From: "radext issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 00:01:50 -0000

#145: Allowable code points

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Suggested text, after the requirement that :

 * Realms MUST be of the form that can be registered as a
    Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) within the DNS.

 ...

 One caveat on the above recommendation is the issues noted in
 [CODEPOINTS].  That document notes that there are additional
 restrictions around DNS registration which forbid some code points
 from being valid in a DNS U-label.  These restrictions cannot be
 expressed algorithmically.

 For this specification, that caveat means the following.  Realms not
 matching the above ABNF are not valid NAIs.  However, some realms
 which do match the ABNF are still invalid NAIs.  That is, matching the
 ABNF is a necessary, but not sufficient, requirement for an NAI.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  nai                      |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Candidate WG Document    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/trac/ticket/145#comment:2>
radext <http://tools.ietf.org/radext/>