Subject: [radext] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext-13: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 07:22:59 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext-13: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-radext-ip-port-radius-ext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for addressing my discuss!

Here is some further feedback from the IE-Doctors:
The description of the requested Information Element is still a bit
vague, but acceptable; one must read the document in order to understand
that binding the value to and end-user is really binding to one or more
(source) addresses. The reference to section 3.2.2 (which is, IMO, not
any more explanatory than the description of the IE itself) is not
necessary.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 07:12:46 +0000

Hi Mirja,

Please see inline.

Cheers,
Med

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : radext [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Mirja
> Kuehlewind
> Envoyé : jeudi 13 octobre 2016 16:23
> À : The IESG
> Cc : [email-masked]; MORAND Lionel IMT/OLN;
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Objet : [radext] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-radext-ip-
> port-radius-ext-13: (with COMMENT)
> 

[Med] What about making this change: 

OLD:
      *  Description: This Information Element contains the maximum
         number of IP source transport ports that is a limit for an end
         user to use and is associated with one or more IPv4 or IPv6
         addresses.

NEW:
      *  Description: This Information Element contains the maximum
         number of IP source transport ports that can be used by an end
         user when sending IP packets; each user is associated with one
         or more (source) IPv4 or IPv6 addresses.  This IE is
         particularly useful in address sharing deployments that adhere
         to REQ-4 of [RFC6888].  Limiting the number of ports assigned
         to each user ensures fairness among users and mitigates the
         denial-of-service attack that a user could launch against other
         users through the address sharing device in order to grab more
         ports.

> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> radext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radext