Subject: [RADIR] today's call

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:35:53 -0400

I have a conflict today at 14:00 Eastern Time so I won't be on the call.

--John

_______________________________________________
RADIR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radir

---

From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:26:06 -0700

> I have a conflict today at 14:00 Eastern Time so I won't be on the call.

Same problem but different conflict.

Hope someone will summarize to the list.

	--Vince

---

From: Jason Schiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:57:19 -0400 (EDT)

Not much on today call.

We got a bit of an update on discussions at the ICANN meeting.  And thik
that some text about three additional pressures to de-aggregate (section
4) should be added:

1. When ARIN no longer gets space from IANA, it is suspected that ARIN
will likely turn to reserved space to fulfill out standing requests.  In
this context reserved space is when an orgization is allocated space where
the adjacent space is placed in reserve for them to grow into so that
future requests can be fulfiled with the adjacent space creating a larger
aggregate.  These types of assignments will not be contigious and will
create more fragmentation in the routing table.

2. When ARIN no loger has /20 or /22 available, it is possibly that the
allocation policy may change and allow ARIN to allocate sub /22 sized
aggregates.  This type of assignments will create more fragments in the
routing table

3. As IPv6 adoption ramps up, it is likely that most pre-existing IPv4
networks will migrate to dual stack.  This will enable them to communicate
with both the new IPv6-only networks and the older IPv4 only
networks.  Dual stack will basicly create two routing tables, one for
IPv4 and one for IPv6have create additional stress on the routing
infrastructure.

I have committed to taking a shot at writing up the third point.   
Depending on time, I may try to put together some other text.

So hopefully we we all get a little spare time, and there will be new text 
for section 4 and seciton 5.

___Jason

==========================================================================
Jason Schiller                                               (703)886.6648
Senior Internet Network Engineer                         fax:(703)886.0512
Public IP Global Network Engineering                       [email-masked]
UUNET / Verizon                         [email-masked]

The good news about having an email address that is twice as long is that
it increases traffic on the Internet.

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Vince Fuller wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:26:06 -0700
> From: Vince Fuller <[email-masked]>
> To: John G. Scudder <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [RADIR] today's call
>