Subject: [RADIR] minutes from July 31 call

From: Thomas Narten <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:56:42 -0400

Quick summary of my notes.

Present: Jason, John, Peter, Thomas, Vince

We began by discussing the comments on the problem statement that had
been received so far.

For Robin Whittle's comments, overall feeling that much of his
comments were with regard to possible solution directions rather than
the problem statement per se. However, his comments on the site
definition indicate a possible misunderstanding. We intend "site" to
mean any topologically distinct thing that connects to the internet -
including small ones such as home networks - rather than a more narrow
definition encompassing only large enterprises or ASes. We will add a
definition for site to the document.

On some of his other points, we do not feel that we are saying what he
means. Thomas to respond on the list.

Brief discussion of Peter Sherbin's comments. We feel pretty strongly
that we need to steer clear of target numbers. Too big of a
rathole. Would generate a lot of discussion, and probably little
consensus.  John to respond.

We need to track down and fill in some of the citations. Jason has
done some digging (see his mail) and Ricardo's mail also provides a
pointer. Thomas to also send mail to Geoff Huston asking for
help. Also to ask what we know about the kinds of deaggrates and
prefixes we are seeing in the DFZ (e.g., TE? PI?) and their growth
trend. Thomas reported that he had heard (at the RRG meeting?) an
assertion that the real problem here comes from Multihoming. While
that may be true, TE also is impacting this and having more data seems
desirable.

Thomas to respond to Jason's suggested additional paragraph on RIR
Policy Section. 

Thomas

_______________________________________________
RADIR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radir