Subject: [RADIR] Definition of routing plane

From: Jason Schiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 14:48:14 -0400 (EDT)

Control plane . the sum of all routing protocols and their associated
state that is required to forward packets from one network to
another.  This term is used to broadly include both routing information,
such as BGP, and other protocols that carry routing information, such as
an ID and locator mapping protocol.

__Jason

==========================================================================
Jason Schiller                                               (703)886.6648
Senior Internet Network Engineer                         fax:(703)886.0512
Public IP Global Network Engineering                       [email-masked]
UUNET / Verizon                         [email-masked]

The good news about having an email address that is twice as long is that
it increases traffic on the Internet.

_______________________________________________
RADIR mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/radir