Subject: Re: (radius) TACACS (fwd)

From: William "Chops" Westfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 98 23:39:10 PST

>What is the meaning of end of life mode?

    No new development.  Generally it means development is ended, and use is
    discouraged.  In time it may be removed from the products that now use it
    due to being obsolete.

Somewhere, cisco has carefully defined the "end of life" sequence for their
products.  First, "development" (new features) stops.  Then "maintenance"
stops as well (no bug fixes, no tech assistance.)  Eventually, the feature
is completely unsupported, and is (perhaps) removed from the software base.
I think we've actually removed a couple things - chaosnet and pup, perhaps.

I could tell you where on cisco's web site to find this info, but then I'd
have to wear a suit more often...

 :-)
BillW
cisco
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Lol Grant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 09:03:45 -0800

> have to wear a suit more often...

At the risk of continuing this off-topic thread (though it's more
relevant than most of the spam that seems to constitute this list
nowadays) I'm told by marketing that end of life for x(tacacs) follows
end of maintenance after two years. 

That means that (x)tacacs will effectively disappear, for all
practical purposes, in May 1999.

Tacacs_plus will, of course, be unaffected by any of this.

Cheers,

__
Lol
-