Subject: (radius) radius v2

From: Indranil Bagchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:07:04 -0800

I was going through the free source code available from Merit and found 
references to version 2. Is there a draft other than 2138 which describes
the newer version of the protocol? Also the code has references to Merit
specific extensions like huntgroups, binary filters and more. Is there any
documentation available on these extensions.

Thanks
 
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Aydin Edguer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:30:44 -0500 (EST)

> I was going through the free source code available from Merit

This mailing list for discussions of the IETF RADIUS Working Group.
If is not about any specific implementation of RADIUS.  Questions
regarding an implementation should be directed to the authors or
companies supporting the software.

> and found references to version 2.  Is there a draft other than 2138 which
> describes the newer version of the protocol?

No.  The "v2" in Merit are references to an earlier draft of what is
now known as DIAMETER.  However, the Merit version, although written
by Pat Calhoun, no longer matches the current DIAMETER drafts.

> Also the code has references to Merit specific extensions like huntgroups,
> binary filters and more.  Is there any documentation available on these
> extensions.

Documentation on Merit software should be available from the Merit web
pages <http://www.merit.edu/aaa/>.  Huntgroups are Merit specific.
Binary filters are an Ascend Communications specific extension.
Information on binary filters may be found in the Ascend documentation.

-

---

From: William Bulley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 07:48:46 -0500 (EST)

> documentation available on these extensions.

Questions about the Merit AAA Server should be sent to [email-masked]

This is an experimental feature which is buggy and should not be used.

Regards,

web...

-- 
William Bulley                     Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: [email-masked]
4251 Plymouth Road, Suite C        Phone: (734) 764-9993
Ann Arbor, Michigan  48105-2785    Fax:   (734) 647-3185

If entropy is increasing, where is it coming from?
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.