Subject: (radius) radius v2 (fwd)

From: MegaZone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 19:22:07 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time Indranil Bagchi shaped the electrons to say...
>references to version 2. Is there a draft other than 2138 which describes
>the newer version of the protocol? Also the code has references to Merit

There is no newer version of the protocol.  There is "RADIUS" - as defined
in 2138, 2139, and the various drafts now in progress.  I don't know what 
Merit was referring to.  Some people were refer to RADIUS 2 when talking
about the Lucent RADIUS server software versions 2.0 and higher, as these
revisions marked the addtion of many new server-side features.

>specific extensions like huntgroups, binary filters and more. Is there any
>documentation available on these extensions.

That is all server or vendor specific.  Binary filters is an Ascend thing
for example, *very* much outside of the RFCs.  Every RADIUS server has its
own features.  The protocol definitions are only concerned with the 
communication across the network, not the decision making process in the
server, or how it populates the AVPs it sends.

-MZ
-- 
<URL:mailto:[email-masked]> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..
Join ISP/C Internet Service Providers' Consortium <URL:http://www.ispc.org/>
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.gweep.net/>  Hail Discordia!
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.