Subject: (radius) RADIUS ver 2

From: Gopal Dommety <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:17:29 -0700

Hello:

	Could someone tell me the status of the draft RADIUS version 2. Is it
going to become an RFC?

Thanks
Gopal
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: MegaZone <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 17:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

Once upon a time Gopal Dommety shaped the electrons to say...
>	Could someone tell me the status of the draft RADIUS version 2. Is it

There is no "RADIUS Version 2" - there is just RADIUS.

That name was (improperly) applied to some work done on what was eventually
named DIAMETER.  At this time there is a group working on DIAMETER, but,
AFAIK, it is not under the aegis of any official IETF forum and there are
other protocols being developed that could also be used for AAA.  Whether
DIAMETER will ever become an RFC remains to be seen.  At this point in time
I am not aware of any systems that use DIAMETER, aside for test systems 
used by the group working on it.

-MZ, CISSP #3762
-- 
<URL:mailto:[email-masked]> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..
Join ISP/C Internet Service Providers' Consortium <URL:http://www.ispc.org/>
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 781-788-0130
<URL:http://www.megazone.org/>  <URL:http://www.gweep.net/>  Hail Discordia!
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:02:02 -0700

>used by the group working on it.

Actually there is a Radius 2 and it's documented at 
draft-ietf-radius-radius-v2-01.txt and it has nothing to do with Diameter.

And it sure would be nice to get a status update. Has the IESG reviewed it? 
Will they?

-

---

From: Gopal Dommety <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:20:14 -0700 (PDT)

> draft-ietf-radius-radius-v2-01.txt and it has nothing to do with Diameter.

I was asking about the status of this draft. From the naming
convention it looks like  RADIUS working group draft. Could someone
shed light on this?

Thanks,
-Gopal

-

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:25:04 -0700

>convention it looks like  RADIUS working group draft. Could someone

It is a RADIUS WG draft and I seem to recall it went through WG last call 
which I why I wondered if the IESG had reviewed it.

-