Subject: (radius) Off-topic: Database vs textfile approach (Implementation Question )

From: "Varghese, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 13:22:04 -0500

I apologize for the off-topic post, but couldnt find any other forum to get
some answers (is there a newsgroup that deals with RADIUS questions?).

Is the general norm to restart the Radius server whenver new users are
added? I ask this because with a users textfile, the only way to add or
delete users is to generate a new file and then restart the server.

The alternative would be to have authentication requests go straight to
whatever database you have running, but the disadvantage is that the Radius
server is now tightly integrated with a database. 

Based on your experiences, do you recommend one way over another? Or, is
there a middle ground (maybe a textfile that contains only the incremental
changes in the database with primitives like add or delete)?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

joe varghese

--------------------------------
George (Joe) Varghese
[email-masked]
(630) 713-9522

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.