Subject: (radius) 6 RADIUS Drafts off to IESG/IETF Last Call

From: Carl Rigney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:48:38 -0800 (PST)

The Implementation Survey and IANA Considerations documents are at
last done and the six RADIUS Drafts are now off to IETF Last Call or
IESG approval, as appropriate.

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]
IETF RADIUS WG Chair

To: [email-masked] [email-masked]
Subject: 6 RADIUS Drafts ready for IESG action
Cc: [email-masked]

The following 3 drafts have been updated and submitted to
internet-drafts.  Once they've been copied into the usual directories
everything is ready to move forward.

  draft-ietf-radius-accounting-v2-02.txt
  draft-ietf-radius-ext-05.txt
  draft-ietf-radius-radius-v2-02.txt

All six of the following drafts have undergone RADIUS Working Group
Last Call and are ready for IESG action as follows:

  draft-ietf-radius-radius-v2-02.txt

is ready for IETF Last Call for advancement to Draft Standard,
superceding RFC 2138.  It now contains an IANA Considerations section
providing guidance on allocating values.  The (rather large) report on
Independent Interoperable implementations is available at
ftp://ftp.livingston.com/pub/radius/interop.report

  draft-ietf-radius-tunnel-auth-09.txt

is ready for IETF Last Call for advancement to Proposed Standard.

  draft-ietf-radius-accounting-v2-02.txt

is ready for IESG approval to be issued as an informational RFC superceding
RFC 2139.

  draft-ietf-radius-ext-05.txt
  draft-ietf-radius-tunnel-acct-05.txt
  draft-ietf-radius-tunnel-imp-05.txt

are all ready for IESG approval to be issued as informational RFCs.

(If you want to do an IETF Last Call for all 6 documents, I have no objection
to that.)

That's all the documents in the RADIUS WG pipeline.

If you have any questions or any changes are needed please let me know
by email or phone.

--
Carl Rigney
[email-masked]
RADIUS WG Chair
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe ietf-radius' in the body of the message.

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:09:20 -0800 (PST)

All,

Having looked at the Interoperability report, I would like to ask how many
people have *actually* implemented and interoperated on the v2 draft? I do not
know of any, but I have been out of the loop for a little while.

Specifically, the v2 draft includes lots of protocol changes, and section 2.3
includes many new concepts that were not present in RFC 2138, some of which is
questionable how well they would work in a large network (i.e. Internet).

PatC

-