Subject: [RAI] FW: Reminder: IETF-75 plans for DISPATCH

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 13:05:41 -0500

Just an FYI for folks that may not be subscribed to the DISPATCH WG
mailing list, here's the current list of topics under discussion.

Regards,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00) 
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2009 3:19 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]'; 'Gonzalo Camarillo'
Subject: Reminder: IETF-75 plans for DISPATCH 

Hi folks,

A reminder to folks that submitted proposals for the initial deadline
that the "charter proposals" are due next Monday, June 8th.  The
following summarizes the proposals (some already having detailed charter
proposals) that have been put forth:
1) 3rd party auth:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00052.html
2) CBUS:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00083.html
3) cc-uui:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00073.html
4) CLF:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00066.html
5) Codec:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00080.html
6) Sound level indicator:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00071.html
7) On demand media/app sharing:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00076.html

Also, if there are already drafts associated with your charter proposal,
please provide appropriate links in your email. 

For WG participants, there are less than two weeks left (June 15th) to
provide input and feedback on the proposals in terms of whether there is
sufficient interest to warrant discussion during a f2f session in
Stockholm or whether the items can be dispatched prior to Stockholm. 

Also, please let me know if I've missed something. 

Regards,
Mary. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00)
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 12:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Gonzalo Camarillo'
Subject: IETF-75 plans for DISPATCH 

Hi all,

As mentioned previously, we are setting earlier deadlines for discussing
topics in DISPATCH to allow time for constructive discussions prior to
the WG session at IETF-75: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00006.html

We are proposing to follow the deadlines for BoFs for IETF-75:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/75/cutoff-dates.html
since we anticipate that many of the topic discussions will follow a
"mini-BoF" format, based on the DISPATCH charter:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dispatch-charter.html

Thus, the following are the proposed deadlines:

May 25th - Cutoff date to notify the chairs and DISPATCH WG mailing list
of plans to submit a proposal, including the topic of the proposal. This
will help folks with similar topics to work together before the meeting.
If a preliminary charter proposal is available at this point, please
include a pointer to it.

June 8th - Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. A charter proposal
must consist of a minimum of a problem statement and at least one
milestone/deliverable. This deadline will allow time for consideration
of proposals that could potentially be "dispatched" prior to the WG
session.

June 15th - Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-75 are announced.
The idea here is to focus the discussion over the weeks preceding
IETF-75 on these main topics, noting that any updates to the documents
are due 4 weeks later.  This will ensure we have constructive
discussions before the meeting and are actually able to determine
consensus as to where work should be progressed (e.g., separate BoF, a
new WG, an existing WG, individual document, etc.) at IETF-75. Contrary
to the past approach in the SIPPING WG, we anticipate determining
consensus as to the disposition of a work item based on the level of
"commitment" by individuals to actually contribute to the work (e.g.,
conference calls, design team mailing lists, contributing text, etc.)
rather than based on "interest" in doing the work.  Note, that the exact
disposition for a topic may (per the usual process) require follow-up
and confirmation by the ADS and/or IESG (e.g., for a new WG, Bof,
individually sponsored document, etc.) or with another WG to ensure
agreement with the DISPATCH WG consensus for the topic.

Note the intention is not necessarily to preclude folks submitting
documents on other topics, however, it is very unlikely there would be
agenda time allocated to documents/topics submitted after the deadlines.
We can include one or two slides on these topics in the DISPATCH WG
chair charts, as we've done in the past in the SIPPING WG chair charts,
so that the authors can gather other interested parties to contribute to
the work. 

We appreciate the patience of the WG as we evolve the model for bringing
in new work and welcome feedback. 

Regards,
Mary and Gonzalo
DISPATCH WG co-chairs

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:50:16 +0300

Hi,

related to Mary's note below, we have been forwarding relevant DISPATCH 
emails to relevant distribution lists (e.g., this mail goes to the RAI 
and RAI chairs mailing lists). However, this is not an efficient way to 
keep people up to date and, thus, we do not intend to continue doing it 
on a regular basis. Per its charter, DISPATCH's scope is the RAI area:

   The Dispatch working group is chartered to consider proposals for
   new work in the RAI area and identify, or help create, an appropriate
   venue for the work.

Therefore, if you are interested in new proposals in the area, you 
probably want to subscribe to the DISPATCH list or at least have a look 
at its archives every now and then.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/maillist.html

Thanks,

Gonzalo

Mary Barnes wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> RAI mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rai