Subject: Re: [RAI] I-D's of former Sipping/Sip WG's

From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:14:43 -0500

On Jul 17, 2009, at 8:58 PM, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:

> Howdy,
> I have a question with the mechanics of the closing of the SIPPING/ 
> SIP WG's and mailing lists, with regards to Individual Drafts (I- 
> D's).  Some of us have I-D's we submitted to the previous WG's  
> before the transition, which we'd like to update.  For example a  
> fictitious I-D like draft-smith-spipping-good-idea-05.  If Mr. Smith  
> updates them to the appropriate new WG's using the new WG names and  
> new number space (.e.g, draft-smith-dispatch-good-idea-00), won't he  
> lose the automatic links in the tools HTML view of the previous  
> drafts?

I though the submission tool allowed one to say that it replaces the  
old draft by name when submitting the new one?

As a chair, I've periodically had to ask the I-D people to update this  
manually when the authors didn't make it happen. So I know it can be  
done easily enough that way.

--
Dean