Subject: [RAI] FYI .. The SIP Forum is considering developing a Profile for the Video Relay Service.

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 12:50:53 -0400

At the request of several organizations the SIP Forum is considering
developing a task group to undertake a comprehensive SIP interoperability
Profile of the Video Relay Service for hearing impaired citizens.  This
would be similar in scope to work the Forum has undertaken in the past to
define a interoperability SIP Profile for SIP PBX to service provider that
resulted in the Forum's SIP Connect specification and RFC 6140. 

We have seen substantial documentation that the state of VRS
interoperability is simply appalling. 

We will certainly want the input and recommendations of the IETF RAI
community as we undertake this project.

The implications for SIP based Unified Communications should be obvious. 

As usual we will NOT define new SIP protocols but should issues arise the
proposed task group will be chartered to document and report new
requirements to DISPATCH as needed.

We are open to suggestions that we publish our charter and other documents
as Informational RFC's. 

A mailing list has been established. You all are welcome to join.  

[email-masked]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_relay_service

http://tap.gallaudet.edu/Conferences/NAD2012/

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-11-184A1.pdf

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting
Chairman of the Board of Directors SIP Forum
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
< <mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype-linkedin-facebook: rshockey101
http//www.sipforum.org