Subject: [RAI] Fwd: [SIPForum-techwg] Call for Comments on SIPconnect 2.0 Charter

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 09:58:59 -0500

I'm forwarding this as I think this new activity might be of interest to
the community.  In particular, since the focus is adding recommendations
for the following to the SIP Connect specification (available at SIPconnect
Technical Recommendation Documents and
Presentations<http://www.sipforum.org/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,43/Itemid,75/>
):

• Update the security model based on existing standards to authenticate and
authorize utilization of the service provider’s resources by an IP PBX. The
security model should also define methods for ensuring the confidentiality
and authenticity of messages exchanged between the service provider and IP
PBX.
• Specify the consensus method for supporting IPV6 and IPV4/6 Dual Stack
components within the reference architecture.
• Specify the consensus method for supporting secure media (SRTP).
• Specify the consensus method for supporting Video enabled devices.
• Specify the consensus method for supporting emergency calling
(NG911/NG112) and the transport of location information.

Please do not reply to this email but rather provide comments on the SIP
Forum Tech WG mailing list. The SIP Forum is a totally open organization
(i.e., you don't have to be a Full Member to participate in discussions -
just to vote), so joining the mailing list to provide feedback is
straightforward:
http://www.sipforum.org/content/view/28/139/

Regards,
Mary

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marc Robins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Subject: [SIPForum-techwg] Call for Comments on SIPconnect 2.0 Charter
To: [email-masked]

Dear SIP Forum TechWG Members,

The SIP Forum has officially begun the process of restarting the work of
the TechWG, focusing on the next version of SIPconnect -- SIPconnect 2.0.

A draft SIPconnect 2.0 Task Group Charter is attached to this message, and
a formal call for comments is now being made.

Please review this charter, and respond with any comments by the deadline
of May 15, 2014.

In addition, please contact me directly if you wish to contribute to the
work as an active participant.

All best,

Marc

*************************

Marc Robins

President and Managing Director

SIPNOC 2014 Program Chair

SIP Forum

http://www.sipforum.org

Mobile: 203-829-6307

SkypeMe! marcrobins

*************************

SIPNOC 2014 Registration is Open! <http://www.sipnoc.org/>

SIPit 31 Registration is
Open!<http://www.etsi.org/news-events/events/750-sipit-31>

_______________________________________________
techwg mailing list
Send mail to: [email-masked]
Unsubscribe or edit options at:  http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/techwg