Subject: Re: [Rats] More use cases for draft-richardson-rats-usecases-00

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 12:54:35 +0200

{catching up on older emails}

Dave Thaler <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >> > * Confidential ML model: Microsoft talked about this category of use
    >> > cases at the recent Microsoft //build conference.
    >> 
    >> Is a reference to the conference itself the right thing?

    > No, you can delete that sentence.  That was just a FYI, doesn't need to
    > be in any doc.

It will be gone in -06.

    >> How is this different from the media and DRM situation?

    > Yes it's probably similar in many ways.  The players and ecosystem are
    > different, with different legal protections (or lack thereof) in
    > various jurisdictions though, so I consider it a different use case.

I think that this is reasonable.
I also wonder if it might differ in the passport/background-check mechanism?

    >> > * Critical infrastructure: when a protocol operation can affect some
    >> > critical system, the device attached to the critical
    >> 
    >> This one seems rather abstract to me.

    > The others are primarily about access to data, or network access.  This
    > one is about access to local peripherals.

I'd like you to speculate on passport vs background-check for this.
I think it would be passport myself.

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [