Subject: [rddp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:53:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Remote Direct Data Placement Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RDMA over IP Problem Statement
	Author(s)	: A. Romanow, J. Mogul, T. Talpey, S. Bailey
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 2002-12-12
	
This draft addresses an IP-based solution to the problem of high
system costs due to network I/O copying in end-hosts at high
speeds.  The problem is due to the high cost of memory bandwidth,
and it can be substantially improved using 'copy avoidance.'  The
high overhead has prevented TCP/IP from being used as an
interconnection network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Talpey, Thomas" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:21:25 -0500

The Problem Statement document has a new name, having been
reissued as an official RDDP WG document. References to other
documents have been corrected within it as well.

Tom.

> ---------- Forwarded Message ----------
>Subject: [rddp] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rddp-problem-statement-00.txt
>Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 07:53:23 -0500
>
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.6249.0
>Received: by SILVER.nane.netapp.com 
>	id <[email-masked]>; Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:17:53 -0500
>content-class: urn:content-classes:message
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
>	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_A69F_01C2A4DB.A1AB5AF0"
>Subject: 
>Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:17:53 -0500
>X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
>X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: 
>
>
>
> ---------- End of Forwarded Message ---------- 
_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp