Subject: [rddp] NICELI Workshop on Network-I/O Convergence, Call for Participation

From: Allyn Romanow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:53:40 -0700

Call for Participation:
Workshop on Network-I/O Convergence: Experience, Lessons, Implications 
(NICELI)
in conjunction with SIGCOMM 2003, Karlsruhe, Germany
August 27, 2003
http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigcomm/sigcomm2003/workshop/niceli/

The performance and commodity price advantages of modern
LANs have created a convergence of networks and I/O,
promising price efficiencies and true interoperability, for
storage and for cluster interconnect. The NICELI workshop
provides a forum for researchers and practitioners to
discuss the merits, drawbacks, applications, and practical
implications of protocol and implementation designs. Three
sessions of papers cover the promises and realities of
network-I/O convergence; storage-specific protocols; and
novel approaches. NICELI also includes two invited talks, by
David Cheriton (Stanford) and Wu-chun Feng (Los Alamos and
Ohio State). We invite protocol, software andhardware designers,
and application users, to attend.