Subject: [rddp] SDP LocIRD and LocORD in Hello & HelloAck msg

From: "Wong, Isaac M (U.S.A. EUD, SNSL)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:15:16 -0700

I am looking for some clarification on the two fields, LocIRD and LocORD
in SDP Hello and HelloAck message as described in 
draft-pinkerton-iwarp-sdp-00.txt.

I believe the description of Hello and HelloAck message in section 6.2.1
and 6.2.2 is from the perspective of the senders of the messages. If
this is true, then LocIRD in the Hello Message should relate to the
LocORD in the HelloAck Message. Similarly, the LocORD in the Hello
Message should relate to the LocIRD in the HelloAck Message. 

I am not clear if these fields are listed as part of setup negotiation.
I suspect they are. If this is true, then I believe the owner of each of
the read queues should have the final say on the maximum queue length,
and the senders to these queues can advertize a lower number. So, LocORD
in HelloAck <= LocIRD in Hello. LocORD in Hello >= LocIRD in HelloAck.
Thus, FinalLocIRD at Hello sender = FinalLocORD at HelloAck sender = min
(LocIRD in Hello, LocORD in HelloAck); 
FinalLocORD at Hello sender = FinalLocIRD at HelloAck sender = min
(LocORD in Hello, LocIRD in HelloAck);

Is this the way they should be interpreted?

Isaac Wong
Hewlett Packard

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp