Subject: [rddp] WG Last Call: Applicability, SCTP Adaptation, MPA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 18:28:26 -0500

The previous WG Last Call went so well that it's time
to do it again ... so, I hereby announce the RDDP Working
Group Last Call on the following three drafts:

Applicability of Remote Direct Memory Access Protocol
   (RDMA) and Direct Data Placement (DDP)
	(draft-ietf-rddp-applicability-02.txt)
Stream Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP) Remote Direct
   Memory Access (RDMA) Direct Data Placement (DDP)
   Adaptation
	(draft-ietf-rddp-sctp-01.txt)
Marker PDU Aligned Framing for TCP Specification 
	(draft-ietf-rddp-mpa-02.txt)

This WG Last Call will run until 11:59pm Eastern Time (US)
on Monday, April 4th (I was thinking about having it end
on April 1st [April Fools Day] and decided to pass on that
opportunity).  The SCTP Adaptation draft is intended to
become a standards track RFC, the Applicability draft is
intended to become an informational RFC, and whether the
MPA draft is to become standards track vs. informational
will be determined after the conclusion of this WG Last Call.

Technical comments need to be posted to this mailing list.
Editorial comments may be sent directly to the primary
draft authors:

- Applicability: Caitlin Bestler <cait -at- asomi.com>
- SCTP Adaptation: Randall R. Stewart <rrs -at- cisco.com> AND
		Caitlin Bestler <cait -at- asomi.com>
- RDMAP: Paul R. Culley <paul.culley -at- hp.com>

Please copy me (as WG chair - David Black <black_david -at-
emc.com>) on any editorial comments, just in case something
initially thought to be editorial turns out to have technical
content.  The intent is to resolve WG Last Call issues on
the mailing list, but an RDDP WG meeting in Paris is a
possibility if it is needed to resolve issues.

There are other drafts linked to the WG's web page:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/rddp-charter.html

that may be of interest or relevance in reviewing the three
drafts for this WG Last Call.

Many thanks to all whose hard work has gotten us this far,
--David (RDDP WG chair)

----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
rddp mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rddp

---

From: "Shah, Hemal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:15:06 -0800

David,

The applicability and SCTP adaptation drafts are expiring on 3/11/2005
and 3/28/2005 respectively. Is that going to be a concern for the last
call which ends on 4/4/2005?

Thanks,

Hemal

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:28 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [rddp] WG Last Call: Applicability, SCTP Adaptation, MPA
Importance: High

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:58:45 -0500

Hemal,

It won't be a problem, but thanks for noticing.  I'll go send a
note to the secretariat to the effect that these drafts are *not*
to be expired because they are in WG Last Call.

Thanks,
--David

> From: Shah, Hemal [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 12:15 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [rddp] WG Last Call: Applicability, SCTP Adaptation, MPA
> 
> David,
>