Subject: [re-ECN] Viability issue #4

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 01:07:45 -0500

[This attempts to outline an issue that could be perceived as 
challenging the viability of congestion exposure work.  The goal is to 
capture the issue, as well as itemize reasonable supporting arguments 
(for viability) and remaining questions to be addressed.  Please respond 
with suggestions as needed for each section.  ]

Viability Issue #4

What *does* this close off?  I.e., apart from the "last bit" issue, with 
IPv4, does this cause networks to react badly to new types of flows? 
Stifle innovation?  Or...?

Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality:
      Yours to discover."
                                 -- ThinkingCat
Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------