Subject: [recipe] Bar BOF for IRTF work on energy efficiency

From: Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 08:31:37 +0000

Dear all,

Hannes suggested to use this list for discussing IRTF work.
Maybe we should have started EERG it this way.

Just in case someone on this list has not received it I attach
the EERG bar BOF announcement below.

Sorry if you receive this as a duplicate.

    Juergen

Bar BOF for IRTF work on energy efficiency

In caseEnergy-efficiency is of growing importance for the Internet and
thus also
for the IETF.  There is already an IETF WG in the OPS area on energy
management (eman) and in several other WGs people are starting to consider
energy efficiency of the protocols they design.

It looks like energy efficiency has the potential to become a cross topic
affecting many areas we are working on.  But before adding action items on
energy efficiency to IETF WGs it appears to be wise to first investigate
the
general problems of IETF protocols concerning energy efficiency.  One
example are keep-alive messages that keep devices from going to sleep mode
even if there are no real service requests.

One way to address the problem is to start general investigations on energy
efficiency in the IRTF.  At http://www.green-communications.net/eerg/ we
make a proposal for a new energy efficiency research group (eerg) in the
IRTF.  Please note that we consider this rather as a proposal for new work
items.  We may find that these are better shared among existing RGs.  But
if
not, we would propose establishing a new RG.  There is also a mailing list
at https://listserv.netlab.nec.de/mailman/listinfo/eerg to discuss about
these issues.

For all those of you who are interested in this, we will organize a bar BOF
on Wednesday evening, July 27, after the plenary at 20:15.  The location
will be posted at the web site and on the mailing list mentioned above.  If
you would like to join, please create an entry at the doodle at
http://doodle.com/vvvpbgcmm2r78abi .  This helps organizing a location for
the bar BOF that fits all of us.

Please feel free to forward this announcement to further interested people.

See you at the bar BOF,

    Juergen

---

From: JinHyeock Choi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 00:14:47 +0900

Dear Juergen

thanks for your kindly taking care of transition to RECIPE.

However I’m concerned that some people in EERG ML
may not recognize that now the discussion is moved to RECIPE.

It would be nice of you to make a transition announcement
in EERG ML. (I cced EERG but the mail bounced back.)

Thanks for your kind consideration.

Best regards

JinHyeock

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Juergen Quittek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> recipe mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/recipe
>