Subject: [regext] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2018 10:27:39 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure why anyone would do this, but I'll ask anyway: is there no concern
about someone maliciously registering an identifier against an existing RDAP
URL, given that the registry is specified to be FCFS? Let's say I have a grudge
against MyLocalRIR and I go register "fubar" as the service provider name
together with an existing mylocalrir.org RDAP URL. This maybe has little
practical effect but surely MyLocalRIR would not be too happy with it.