Subject: [regext] Adam Roach's Yes on charter-ietf-regext-01-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 13:43:51 -0700

Adam Roach has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-regext-01-00: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-regext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a relatively minor change to the REGEXT charter, aimed at allowing the
definition of, e.g., data formats for files that need to be generated by one
organization and potentially read by another (see, e.g.,
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arias-noguchi-registry-data-escrow-10 for an
example of such a format). These are technically not part of the RDAP or EPP
protocols, and therefore are not in scope of the current charter; however, they
are directly related to registry data, and therefore share the same communities
of interest and expertise.