Subject: [regext] Protocol Action: 'Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Object Tagging' to Best Current Practice (draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 14:41:27 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Registration Data Access Protocol (RDAP) Object Tagging'
  (draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-05.txt) as Best Current Practice

This document is the product of the Registration Protocols Extensions Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag/

Technical Summary

  This document updates RFC 7484 by describing an operational practice 
  that can be used to add structure to RDAP identifiers that makes it 
  possible to identify the authoritative server for additional RDAP queries.

Working Group Summary

  draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag is on best current practice track.  
  The document defines an entity identifier structure in RFC 7484 to 
  support identifying the authoritative server for additional RDAP queries.

Document Quality

  This document has been discussed on the mailing lists of the regext 
  working group.  The authors have addressed all comments and 
  changes have been incorporated in the document.  

  Verisign Labs and OpenRDAP have working implementations of this
  specification.

Personnel

  Document shepherd is James Gould, [email-masked]
  Area Director is Adam Roach, [email-masked]