Subject: [regext] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2018 16:06:08 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-regext-rdap-object-tag/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm also a little surprised to see this as a BCP. It seems to define at least a
bit of protocol as part of the "practice".

§3.1: Does the FCFS registration policy allow a potential for squatting or
other malicious behavior?

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 12:25:32 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 7:06 PM
> To: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]; Gould, James
> <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]; Gould, James
> <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-regext-rdap-
> object-tag-04: (with COMMENT)
>
> I'm also a little surprised to see this as a BCP. It seems to define at
> least a bit of protocol as part of the "practice".
>

As described in my reply to Alissa, yes, it does. I suggested adding a contact email address to the registration request to help reduce the risk.

Scott