Subject: [regext] WGLC redux: REGEXT working group charter

From: "James Galvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 15:31:30 -0400

An action to the chairs from our last meeting was to follow through on 
updating our charter to allow for the introduction of new work.  You 
should recall that we had a proposed charter that was approved by the 
working group, which the Area Director presented to the IESG.  Some 
questions came up during the IESG review.

The IESG would prefer to scope our work according to what we are doing 
at any given moment in time.  The charter we proposed was found to be 
too open-ended, which you should recall was an issue the working group 
identified and discussed during our last call.

We worked with Adam, our Area Director, to draft the attached text.  I 
have attached both a PDF to show the redlines from our original charter 
and a clean version of the charter in text format.

We believe this charter is appropriate at this time.  The chairs want to 
give the working group a chance to review this proposal before we make a 
final submission to the IESG.

With this message we are opening a quick working group last call in the 
proposed charter update.  It will end close of business everywhere 
Thursday, 6 September 2018.

Please respond to this message on the mailing list and indicate your 
support or questions regarding this charter.

If there are not objections the charter will be submitted to the IESG 
for approval.

Thanks,

Antoin and Jim

---

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 22:46:14 +0200

> support or questions regarding this charter.

"updates" should be "updated" I think.

And I still think it is too broad, especially "Data formats for files"
(which files? what data? why the format needs a specification and a working group?).
"Registry mapping" and "Registry transition" will probably seem obscure to anyone
outside of the working group. I am myself not even sure what it covers or not.

-- 
  Patrick Mevzek
  [email-masked]