Subject: Re: [regext] draft-ietf-regext-verificationcode Feedback by Gurshabad Grover at REGEXT Meeting

From: Gurshabad Grover <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 21:13:25 +0530

On 07/11/18 11:30 AM, Gould, James wrote:
>  1. Clarifying that it’s up to server policy to define the server action
>     taken when the verification code grace period expires
>      

Thanks, JG; I see that -05 incorporates this change.

>  2. Ensure that the VSP does not modify the data verified after the
>     verification code is generated
>  

This does not seem to be a concern since the VSP is transmitting only
the verification code. Sorry for the confusion, we can ignore this.

>  3. Include a HRPC section in draft-ietf-regext-verificationcode
>      This is being discussed actively on the list, but at present I
>      believe that we can address the feedback without adding a new
>      section to the document. 
> 

The primary concerns (as highlighted in the review) relate to how
implementing this extension in a locality impacts registrants' privacy,
freedom of expression, and allows the VSP to discriminate based on
registrants' personal information. These minor changes I proposed,
unfortunately, cannot address these primary concerns. That is why it may
be useful to add a section with human rights considerations. I have
shared the text that I think will be useful to include in the draft in
another thread. Hope we can use that as a starting point for consensus.

Thank you.
Gurshabad