Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7984 on Locating Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Servers in a Dual-Stack IP Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7984

        Title:      Locating Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) 
                    Servers in a Dual-Stack IP Network 
        Author:     O. Johansson, G. Salgueiro,
                    V. Gurbani, D. Worley, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21246
        Updates:    RFC 3263

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-dns-dual-stack-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7984

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7984

RFC 3263 defines how a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
implementation, given a SIP Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), should
locate the next-hop SIP server using Domain Name System (DNS)
procedures.  As SIP networks increasingly transition from IPv4-only
to dual-stack, a quality user experience must be ensured for dual-
stack SIP implementations.  This document updates the DNS procedures
described in RFC 3263 for dual-stack SIP implementations in
preparation for forthcoming specifications for applying "Happy
Eyeballs" principles to SIP.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org