Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7943 on A Method for Generating Semantically Opaque Interface Identifiers (IIDs) with the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 14:35:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7943

        Title:      A Method for Generating Semantically 
                    Opaque Interface Identifiers (IIDs) with the 
                    Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 
                    (DHCPv6) 
        Author:     F. Gont, W. Liu
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 21161
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-gont-dhcpv6-stable-privacy-addresses-02.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7943

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7943

This document describes a method for selecting IPv6 Interface
Identifiers that can be employed by Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6) servers when leasing non-temporary IPv6
addresses to DHCPv6 clients.  This method is a DHCPv6 server-side
algorithm that does not require any updates to the existing DHCPv6
specifications.  The aforementioned method results in stable
addresses within each subnet, even in the presence of multiple DHCPv6
servers or DHCPv6 server reinstallments.  It is a DHCPv6 variant of
the method specified in RFC 7217 for IPv6 Stateless Address
Autoconfiguration.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org