Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8035 on Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer Clarifications for RTP/RTCP Multiplexing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 18:47:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8035

        Title:      Session Description Protocol (SDP) Offer/Answer 
                    Clarifications for RTP/RTCP Multiplexing 
        Author:     C. Holmberg
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 11915
        Updates:    RFC 5761

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avtcore-5761-update-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8035

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8035

This document updates RFC 5761 by clarifying the SDP offer/answer
negotiation of RTP and RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) multiplexing.  It
makes it clear that an answerer can only include an "a=rtcp-mux"
attribute in a Session Description Protocol (SDP) answer if the
associated SDP offer contained the attribute.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Core Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org