Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7973 on Assignment of an Ethertype for IPv6 with Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (LoWPAN) Encapsulation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:14:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7973

        Title:      Assignment of an Ethertype for IPv6 
                    with Low-Power Wireless Personal Area 
                    Network (LoWPAN) Encapsulation 
        Author:     R. Droms,
                    P. Duffy
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8208
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-ethertype-request-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7973

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7973

When carried over Layer 2 technologies such as Ethernet, IPv6
datagrams using Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Network (LoWPAN)
encapsulation as defined in RFC 4944 must be identified so the
receiver can correctly interpret the encoded IPv6 datagram.  The IETF
officially requested the assignment of an Ethertype for that purpose
and this document reports that assignment.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org