Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 7985 on Security Threats to Simplified Multicast Forwarding (SMF)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 10:44:00 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7985

        Title:      Security Threats to Simplified Multicast 
                    Forwarding (SMF) 
        Author:     J. Yi,
                    T. Clausen,
                    U. Herberg
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 35822
        Updates:    RFC 7186

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-manet-smf-sec-threats-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7985

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7985

This document analyzes security threats to Simplified Multicast
Forwarding (SMF), including vulnerabilities of duplicate packet
detection and relay set selection mechanisms.  This document is not
intended to propose solutions to the threats described.

In addition, this document updates RFC 7186 regarding threats to the
relay set selection mechanisms using the Mobile Ad Hoc Network
(MANET) Neighborhood Discovery Protocol (NHDP) (RFC 6130).

This document is a product of the Mobile Ad-hoc Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org