Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8026 on Unified IPv4-in-IPv6 Softwire Customer Premises Equipment (CPE): A DHCPv6-Based Prioritization Mechanism

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 22:59:52 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8026

        Title:      Unified IPv4-in-IPv6 Softwire Customer Premises 
                    Equipment (CPE): A DHCPv6-Based Prioritization 
                    Mechanism 
        Author:     M. Boucadair, I. Farrer
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22857
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-softwire-unified-cpe-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8026

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC8026

In IPv6-only provider networks, transporting IPv4 packets
encapsulated in IPv6 is a common solution to the problem of IPv4
service continuity.  A number of differing functional approaches have
been developed for this, each having their own specific
characteristics.  As these approaches share a similar functional
architecture and use the same data plane mechanisms, this memo
specifies a DHCPv6 option, whereby a single instance of Customer
Premises Equipment (CPE) can interwork with all of the standardized
and proposed approaches to providing encapsulated IPv4-in-IPv6
services by providing a prioritization mechanism.

This document is a product of the Softwires Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org