Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8246 on HTTP Immutable Responses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:15:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8246

        Title:      HTTP Immutable Responses 
        Author:     P. McManus
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 10969
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-httpbis-immutable-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8246

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8246

The immutable HTTP response Cache-Control extension allows servers to
identify resources that will not be updated during their freshness
lifetime.  This ensures that a client never needs to revalidate a
cached fresh resource to be certain it has not been modified.

This document is a product of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol Bis Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org