Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8250 on IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics (PDM) Destination Option

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 15:47:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8250

        Title:      IPv6 Performance and Diagnostic Metrics (PDM)
                    Destination Option 
        Author:     N. Elkins, 
                    R. Hamilton,
                    M. Ackermann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 65231
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-6man-pdm-option-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8250

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8250

To assess performance problems, this document describes optional
headers embedded in each packet that provide sequence numbers and
timing information as a basis for measurements.  Such measurements
may be interpreted in real time or after the fact.  This document
specifies the Performance and Diagnostic Metrics (PDM) Destination
Options header.  The field limits, calculations, and usage in
measurement of PDM are included in this document.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Metrics Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org