Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8241 on Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) Security-Related Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:31:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8241

        Title:      Interface to the Routing System 
                    (I2RS) Security-Related Requirements 
        Author:     S. Hares, 
                    D. Migault,
                    J. Halpern
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 44786
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-i2rs-protocol-security-requirements-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8241

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8241

This document presents security-related requirements for the
Interface to the Routing System (I2RS) protocol, which provides a new
interface to the routing system described in the I2RS architecture
document (RFC 7921).  The I2RS protocol is implemented by reusing
portions of existing IETF protocols and adding new features to them.
One such reuse is of the security features of a secure transport
(e.g., Transport Layer Security (TLS), Secure SHell (SSH) Protocol,
Datagram TLS (DTLS)) such as encryption, message integrity, mutual
peer authentication, and anti-replay protection.  The new I2RS
features to consider from a security perspective are as follows: a
priority mechanism to handle multi-headed write transactions, an
opaque secondary identifier that identifies an application using the
I2RS client, and an extremely constrained read-only non-secure
transport.

This document is a product of the Interface to the Routing System Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org