Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8233 on Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to Compute Service-Aware Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 22:19:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8233

        Title:      Extensions to the Path Computation 
                    Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to Compute 
                    Service-Aware Label Switched Paths (LSPs) 
        Author:     D. Dhody, 
                    Q. Wu,
                    V. Manral, 
                    Z. Ali,
                    K. Kumaki
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      31
        Characters: 62742
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8233

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8233

In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
information networks (e.g., stock market data providers), network
performance criteria (e.g., latency) are becoming as critical to data
path selection as other metrics and constraints.  These metrics are
associated with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between customers
and service providers.  The link bandwidth utilization (the total
bandwidth of a link in actual use for the forwarding) is another
important factor to consider during path computation.

IGP Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric Extensions describe mechanisms
with which network performance information is distributed via OSPF and
IS-IS, respectively.  The Path Computation Element Communication
Protocol (PCEP) provides mechanisms for Path Computation Elements
(PCEs) to perform path computations in response to Path Computation
Client (PCC) requests.  This document describes the extension to PCEP
to carry latency, delay variation, packet loss, and link bandwidth
utilization as constraints for end-to-end path computation.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org