Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8249 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 15:47:19 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8249

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): MTU Negotiation 
        Author:     M. Zhang, 
                    X. Zhang,
                    D. Eastlake 3rd, 
                    R. Perlman,
                    S. Chatterjee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 32423
        Updates:    RFC 6325, RFC 7177, RFC 7780

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-mtu-negotiation-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8249

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8249

The base IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
protocol has a TRILL campus-wide MTU feature, specified in RFCs 6325
and 7177, that assures that link-state changes can be successfully
flooded throughout the campus while being able to take advantage of a
campus-wide capability to support jumbo packets.  This document
specifies recommended updates to that MTU feature to take advantage,
for appropriate link-local packets, of link-local MTUs that exceed
the TRILL campus MTU.  In addition, it specifies an efficient
algorithm for local MTU testing.  This document updates RFCs 6325,
7177, and 7780.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org