Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8230 on Using RSA Algorithms with CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) Messages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 13:40:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8230

        Title:      Using RSA Algorithms with  
                    CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE)
                    Messages 
        Author:     M. Jones
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 21655
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-jones-cose-rsa-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8230

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8230

The CBOR Object Signing and Encryption (COSE) specification defines
cryptographic message encodings using Concise Binary Object
Representation (CBOR).  This specification defines algorithm
encodings and representations enabling RSA algorithms to be used for
COSE messages.  Encodings are specified for the use of RSA
Probabilistic Signature Scheme (RSASSA-PSS) signatures, RSA
Encryption Scheme - Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding
(RSAES-OAEP) encryption, and RSA keys.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org