Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8236 on J-PAKE: Password-Authenticated Key Exchange by Juggling

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:03:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8236

        Title:      J-PAKE: Password-Authenticated Key Exchange
                    by Juggling 
        Author:     F. Hao, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     Independent
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 36098
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-hao-jpake-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8236

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8236

This document specifies a Password-Authenticated Key Exchange by
Juggling (J-PAKE) protocol.  This protocol allows the establishment
of a secure end-to-end communication channel between two remote
parties over an insecure network solely based on a shared password,
without requiring a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) or any trusted
third party.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org