Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8232 on Optimizations of Label Switched Path State Synchronization Procedures for a Stateful PCE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 22:19:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8232

        Title:      Optimizations of Label Switched Path 
                    State Synchronization Procedures for 
                    a Stateful PCE 
        Author:     E. Crabbe, 
                    I. Minei,
                    J. Medved, 
                    R. Varga,
                    X. Zhang, 
                    D. Dhody
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 56167
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8232

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8232

A stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) has access to not only the
information disseminated by the network's Interior Gateway Protocol
(IGP) but also the set of active paths and their reserved resources
for its computation.  The additional Label Switched Path (LSP) state
information allows the PCE to compute constrained paths while
considering individual LSPs and their interactions.  This requires a
State Synchronization mechanism between the PCE and the network, the
PCE and Path Computation Clients (PCCs), and cooperating PCEs.  The
basic mechanism for State Synchronization is part of the stateful PCE
specification.  This document presents motivations for optimizations
to the base State Synchronization procedure and specifies the required
Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) extensions.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org