Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8205 on BGPsec Protocol Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:12:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8205

        Title:      BGPsec Protocol Specification 
        Author:     M. Lepinski, Ed.,
                    K. Sriram, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      45
        Characters: 115900
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-23.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8205

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8205

This document describes BGPsec, an extension to the Border Gateway
Protocol (BGP) that provides security for the path of Autonomous
Systems (ASes) through which a BGP UPDATE message passes.  BGPsec is
implemented via an optional non-transitive BGP path attribute that
carries digital signatures produced by each AS that propagates the
UPDATE message.  The digital signatures provide confidence that every
AS on the path of ASes listed in the UPDATE message has explicitly
authorized the advertisement of the route.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org