Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8211 on Adverse Actions by a Certification Authority (CA) or Repository Manager in the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:14:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8211

        Title:      Adverse Actions by a Certification 
                    Authority (CA) or Repository Manager in 
                    the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
        Author:     S. Kent, 
                    D. Ma
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 64041
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-adverse-actions-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8211

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8211

This document analyzes actions by or against a Certification
Authority (CA) or an independent repository manager in the RPKI that
can adversely affect the Internet Number Resources (INRs) associated
with that CA or its subordinate CAs.  The analysis is done from the
perspective of an affected INR holder.  The analysis is based on
examination of the data items in the RPKI repository, as controlled
by a CA (or an independent repository manager) and fetched by Relying
Parties (RPs).  The analysis does not purport to be comprehensive; it
does represent an orderly way to analyze a number of ways that errors
by or attacks against a CA or repository manager can affect the RPKI
and routing decisions based on RPKI data.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org