Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8289 on Controlled Delay Active Queue Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 16:01:54 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8289

        Title:      Controlled Delay Active Queue Management 
        Author:     K. Nichols, 
                    V. Jacobson,
                    A. McGregor, Ed.,
                    J. Iyengar, Ed.
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 63404
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-aqm-codel-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8289

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8289

This document describes CoDel (Controlled Delay) -- a general
framework that controls bufferbloat-generated excess delay in modern
networking environments.  CoDel consists of an estimator, a setpoint,
and a control loop.  It requires no configuration in normal Internet
deployments.

This document is a product of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org