Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8300 on Network Service Header (NSH)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 14:53:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8300

        Title:      Network Service Header (NSH) 
        Author:     P. Quinn, Ed.,
                    U. Elzur, Ed.,
                    C. Pignataro, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 93675
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sfc-nsh-28.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8300

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8300

This document describes a Network Service Header (NSH) imposed on
packets or frames to realize Service Function Paths (SFPs).  The NSH
also provides a mechanism for metadata exchange along the
instantiated service paths.  The NSH is the Service Function Chaining
(SFC) encapsulation required to support the SFC architecture (defined
in RFC 7665).

This document is a product of the Service Function Chaining Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org