Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8321 on Alternate-Marking Method for Passive and Hybrid Performance Monitoring

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 16:35:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8321

        Title:      Alternate-Marking Method for Passive and 
                    Hybrid Performance Monitoring 
        Author:     G. Fioccola, Ed.,
                    A. Capello,
                    M. Cociglio,
                    L. Castaldelli,
                    M. Chen,
                    L. Zheng,
                    G. Mirsky,
                    T. Mizrahi
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      33
        Characters: 84513
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ippm-alt-mark-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8321

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8321

This document describes a method to perform packet loss, delay, and
jitter measurements on live traffic.  This method is based on an
Alternate-Marking (coloring) technique.  A report is provided in
order to explain an example and show the method applicability.  This
technology can be applied in various situations, as detailed in this
document, and could be considered Passive or Hybrid depending on the
application.

This document is a product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org