Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8317 on Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Support in Ethernet VPN (EVPN) and Provider Backbone Bridging EVPN (PBB-EVPN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 16:44:29 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8317

        Title:      Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Support in Ethernet 
                    VPN (EVPN) and Provider Backbone Bridging 
                    EVPN (PBB-EVPN) 
        Author:     A. Sajassi, Ed.,
                    S. Salam,
                    J. Drake,
                    J. Uttaro,
                    S. Boutros,
                    J. Rabadan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 53519
        Updates:    RFC 7385

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-bess-evpn-etree-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8317

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8317

The MEF Forum (MEF) has defined a rooted-multipoint Ethernet service
known as Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree).  A solution framework for supporting
this service in MPLS networks is described in RFC 7387, "A Framework                               
for Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Service over a Multiprotocol Label                                      
Switching (MPLS) Network".  This document discusses how those
functional requirements can be met with a solution based on RFC 7432,
"BGP MPLS Based Ethernet VPN (EVPN)", with some extensions and a
description of how such a solution can offer a more efficient
implementation of these functions than that of RFC 7796,
"Ethernet-Tree (E-Tree) Support in Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS)".
This document makes use of the most significant bit of the Tunnel Type
field (in the P-Multicast Service Interface (PMSI) Tunnel attribute)
governed by the IANA registry created by RFC 7385; hence, it updates
RFC 7385 accordingly.

This document is a product of the BGP Enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org