Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8307 on Well-Known URIs for the WebSocket Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:58:44 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8307

        Title:      Well-Known URIs for the WebSocket Protocol 
        Author:     C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      3
        Characters: 5945
        Updates:    RFC 6455

        I-D Tag:    draft-bormann-hybi-ws-wk-00.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8307

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8307

RFC 5785 defines a path prefix, "/.well-known/", that can be used by
well-known URIs.  It was specifically defined for the "http" and
"https" URI schemes.  The present memo formally updates RFC 6455,
which defines the URI schemes defined for the WebSocket Protocol, to
extend the use of these well-known URIs to those URI schemes.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org