Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8295 on EST (Enrollment over Secure Transport) Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 10:25:31 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8295

        Title:      EST (Enrollment over Secure Transport) 
                    Extensions 
        Author:     S. Turner
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 115713
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-turner-est-extensions-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8295

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8295

The EST (Enrollment over Secure Transport) protocol defines the
Well-Known URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) -- /.well-known/est --
along with a number of other path components that clients use for PKI
(Public Key Infrastructure) services, namely certificate enrollment
(e.g., /simpleenroll).  This document defines a number of other PKI
services as additional path components -- specifically, firmware and
trust anchors as well as symmetric, asymmetric, and encrypted keys.
This document also specifies the PAL (Package Availability List),
which is an XML (Extensible Markup Language) file or JSON (JavaScript
Object Notation) object that clients use to retrieve packages
available and authorized for them.  This document extends the EST
server path components to provide these additional services.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org