Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8225 on PASSporT: Personal Assertion Token

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 17:34:22 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8225

        Title:      PASSporT: Personal Assertion Token 
        Author:     C. Wendt,
                    J. Peterson
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 48751
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-stir-passport-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8225

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8225

This document defines a method for creating and validating a token
that cryptographically verifies an originating identity or, more
generally, a URI or telephone number representing the originator of
personal communications.  The Personal Assertion Token, PASSporT, is
cryptographically signed to protect the integrity of the identity of
the originator and to verify the assertion of the identity
information at the destination.  The cryptographic signature is
defined with the intention that it can confidently verify the
originating persona even when the signature is sent to the
destination party over an insecure channel.  PASSporT is particularly
useful for many personal-communications applications over IP networks
and other multi-hop interconnection scenarios where the originating
and destination parties may not have a direct trusted relationship.

This document is a product of the Secure Telephone Identity Revisited Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org