Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8331 on RTP Payload for Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) ST 291-1 Ancillary Data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:40:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8331

        Title:      RTP Payload for Society of 
                    Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) 
                    ST 291-1 Ancillary Data 
        Author:     T. Edwards
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 47110
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8331

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8331

This memo describes a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format for the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
(SMPTE) ancillary space (ANC) data, as defined by SMPTE ST 291-1.
SMPTE ANC data is generally used along with professional video
formats to carry a range of ancillary data types, including time
code, Closed Captioning, and the Active Format Description (AFD).

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org