Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8335 on PROBE: A Utility for Probing Interfaces

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 17:34:23 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8335

        Title:      PROBE: A Utility for Probing 
                    Interfaces 
        Author:     R. Bonica,
                    R. Thomas,
                    J. Linkova,
                    C. Lenart,
                    M. Boucadair
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 35084
        Updates:    RFC 4884

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-intarea-probe-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8335

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8335

This document describes a network diagnostic tool called PROBE.
PROBE is similar to PING in that it can be used to query the status
of a probed interface, but it differs from PING in that it does not
require bidirectional connectivity between the probing and probed
interfaces.  Instead, PROBE requires bidirectional connectivity
between the probing interface and a proxy interface.  The proxy
interface can reside on the same node as the probed interface, or it
can reside on a node to which the probed interface is directly
connected.  This document updates RFC 4884.

This document is a product of the Internet Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org