Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8381 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Vendor-Specific RBridge Channel Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 22:39:36 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8381

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Vendor-Specific RBridge 
                    Channel Protocol 
        Author:     D. Eastlake 3rd, 
                    Y. Li,
                    W. Hao, 
                    A. Banerjee
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 22410
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-vendor-channel-01.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8381

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8381

The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol
is implemented by devices called TRILL switches or RBridges (Routing
Bridges).  TRILL includes a general mechanism, called an RBridge Channel,
for the transmission of typed messages between RBridges in the same
campus and between RBridges and end stations on the same link.  This
document specifies a method to send vendor-specific messages over the
RBridge Channel facility.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org