Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8376 on Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) Overview

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 16:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8376

        Title:      Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) Overview 
        Author:     S. Farrell, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      43
        Characters: 101594
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lpwan-overview-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8376

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8376

Low-Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) are wireless technologies with
characteristics such as large coverage areas, low bandwidth, possibly
very small packet and application-layer data sizes, and long battery
life operation.  This memo is an informational overview of the set of
LPWAN technologies being considered in the IETF and of the gaps that
exist between the needs of those technologies and the goal of running
IP in LPWANs.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Low Power Wide-Area Networks Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org