Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8383 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Address Flush Message

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 16:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8383

        Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of 
                    Links (TRILL): Address Flush Message 
        Author:     W. Hao, 
                    D. Eastlake 3rd,
                    Y. Li,
                    M. Umair
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41551
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trill-address-flush-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8383

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8383

The TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links) protocol, by
default, learns end station addresses from observing the data plane.
In particular, it learns local Media Access Control (MAC) addresses
and the edge switch port of attachment from the receipt of local data
frames and learns remote MAC addresses and the edge switch port of
attachment from the decapsulation of remotely sourced TRILL Data
packets.

This document specifies a message by which a TRILL switch can
explicitly request other TRILL switches to flush certain MAC
reachability learned through the decapsulation of TRILL Data packets.
This is a supplement to the TRILL automatic address forgetting (see
Section 4.8.3 of RFC 6325) and can assist in achieving more rapid
convergence in case of topology or configuration change.

This document is a product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org