Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8370 on Techniques to Improve the Scalability of RSVP-TE Deployments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8370

        Title:      Techniques to Improve the Scalability 
                    of RSVP-TE Deployments 
        Author:     V. Beeram, Ed.,
                    I. Minei, 
                    R. Shakir,
                    D. Pacella,
                    T. Saad
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 21622
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-teas-rsvp-te-scaling-rec-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8370

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8370

Networks that utilize RSVP-TE LSPs are encountering implementations
that have a limited ability to support the growth in the number of
LSPs deployed.

This document defines two techniques, Refresh-Interval Independent
RSVP (RI-RSVP) and Per-Peer Flow Control, that reduce the number of
processing cycles required to maintain RSVP-TE LSP state in Label
Switching Routers (LSRs) and hence allow implementations to support
larger scale deployments.

This document is a product of the Traffic Engineering Architecture and Signaling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org