Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8375 on Special-Use Domain 'home.arpa.'

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 08:41:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8375

        Title:      Special-Use Domain 'home.arpa.' 
        Author:     P. Pfister, 
                    T. Lemon
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       May 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 27377
        Updates:    RFC 7788

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-homenet-dot-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8375

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8375

This document specifies the behavior that is expected from the Domain
Name System with regard to DNS queries for names ending with
'.home.arpa.' and designates this domain as a special-use domain
name. 'home.arpa.' is designated for non-unique use in residential
home networks.  The Home Networking Control Protocol (HNCP) is
updated to use the 'home.arpa.' domain instead of '.home'.

This document is a product of the Home Networking Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org