Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8569 on Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) Semantics

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 17:54:40 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8569

        Title:      Content-Centric Networking (CCNx) Semantics 
        Author:     M. Mosko, 
                    I. Solis,
                    C. Wood
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IRTF
        Date:       July 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      40
        Characters: 96155
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-icnrg-ccnxsemantics-10.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8569

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8569

This document describes the core concepts of the Content-Centric
Networking (CCNx) architecture and presents a network protocol based
on two messages: Interests and Content Objects.  It specifies the set
of mandatory and optional fields within those messages and describes
their behavior and interpretation.  This architecture and protocol
specification is independent of a specific wire encoding.

The protocol also uses a control message called an Interest Return,
whereby one system can return an Interest message to the previous hop
due to an error condition.  This indicates to the previous hop that
the current system will not respond to the Interest.

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking
Research Group (ICNRG).  The document received wide review among
ICNRG participants.  Two full implementations are in active use and
have informed the technical maturity of the protocol specification.

This document is a product of the Information-Centric Networking Research Group of the IRTF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
  https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org