Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8637 on Applicability of the Path Computation Element (PCE) to the Abstraction and Control of TE Networks (ACTN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 21:29:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8637

        Title:      Applicability of the Path Computation 
                    Element (PCE) to the Abstraction and 
                    Control of TE Networks (ACTN) 
        Author:     D. Dhody, 
                    Y. Lee,
                    D. Ceccarelli
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50279
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-applicability-actn-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8637

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8637

Abstraction and Control of TE Networks (ACTN) refers to the set of
virtual network (VN) operations needed to orchestrate, control, and
manage large-scale multidomain TE networks so as to facilitate network
programmability, automation, efficient resource sharing, and
end-to-end virtual service-aware connectivity and network function
virtualization services.

The Path Computation Element (PCE) is a component, application, or
network node that is capable of computing a network path or route
based on a network graph and applying computational constraints.  The
PCE serves requests from Path Computation Clients (PCCs) that
communicate with it over a local API or using the Path Computation
Element Communication Protocol (PCEP).

This document examines the applicability of PCE to the ACTN framework.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org