Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8613 on Object Security for Constrained RESTful Environments (OSCORE)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 16:11:18 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8613

        Title:      Object Security for Constrained RESTful 
                    Environments (OSCORE) 
        Author:     G. Selander,
                    J. Mattsson,
                    F. Palombini,
                    L. Seitz
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      94
        Characters: 203804
        Updates:    RFC 7252

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-core-object-security-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8613

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8613

This document defines Object Security for Constrained RESTful
Environments (OSCORE), a method for application-layer protection of
the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP), using CBOR Object
Signing and Encryption (COSE).  OSCORE provides end-to-end protection
between endpoints communicating using CoAP or CoAP-mappable HTTP.
OSCORE is designed for constrained nodes and networks supporting a
range of proxy operations, including translation between different
transport protocols.

Although an optional functionality of CoAP, OSCORE alters CoAP
options processing and IANA registration.  Therefore, this document
updates RFC 7252.

This document is a product of the Constrained RESTful Environments Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC
_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org