Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8628 on OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 21:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8628

        Title:      OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant 
        Author:     W. Denniss, 
                    J. Bradley,
                    M. Jones,
                    H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 46718
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-oauth-device-flow-15.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8628

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8628

The OAuth 2.0 device authorization grant is designed for Internet-
connected devices that either lack a browser to perform a user-agent-
based authorization or are input constrained to the extent that
requiring the user to input text in order to authenticate during the
authorization flow is impractical.  It enables OAuth clients on such
devices (like smart TVs, media consoles, digital picture frames, and
printers) to obtain user authorization to access protected resources
by using a user agent on a separate device.

This document is a product of the Web Authorization Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org