Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8582 on Diameter Overload Rate Control

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 13:07:39 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8582

        Title:      Diameter Overload Rate Control 
        Author:     S. Donovan, Ed.,
                    E. Noel
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 43235
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8582

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8582

This specification documents an extension to the Diameter Overload
Indication Conveyance (DOIC) base solution, which is defined in RFC
7683.  This extension adds a new overload-control abatement
algorithm.  This abatement algorithm allows for a DOIC reporting node
to specify a maximum rate at which a DOIC reacting node sends
Diameter requests to the DOIC reporting node.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org