Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8625 on Ethernet Traffic Parameters with Availability Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 21:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8625

        Title:      Ethernet Traffic Parameters with Availability 
                    Information 
        Author:     H. Long, 
                    M. Ye, Ed.,
                    G. Mirsky, Ed.,
                    A. D'Alessandro,
                    H. Shah
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
 [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26401
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-bandwidth-availability-16.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8625

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8625

A packet-switching network may contain links with variable bandwidths
(e.g., copper and radio).  The bandwidth of such links is sensitive
to the external environment (e.g., climate).  Availability is
typically used to describe these links when doing network planning.
This document introduces an optional Bandwidth Availability TLV in
RSVP-TE signaling.  This extension can be used to set up a GMPLS
Label Switched Path (LSP) in conjunction with the Ethernet
SENDER_TSPEC object.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org