Subject: [rfc-dist] RFC 8583 on Diameter Load Information Conveyance

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 13:07:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8583

        Title:      Diameter Load Information Conveyance 
        Author:     B. Campbell,
                    S. Donovan, Ed.,
                    JJ. Trottin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46149
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-load-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8583

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8583

RFC 7068 describes requirements for Overload Control in Diameter.
This includes a requirement to allow Diameter nodes to send "load"
information, even when the node is not overloaded.  The base solution
defined in RFC 7683 (Diameter Overload Information Conveyance (DOIC))
describes a mechanism meeting most of the requirements but does not
currently include the ability to send load information.  This
document defines a mechanism for the conveying of Diameter load
information.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
rfc-dist mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist
http://www.rfc-editor.org