Subject: [rmcat] FW: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-01.txt

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 22:12:55 +0000

Hi, 

Here is an updated draft on NADA after incorporating previous comments
(thanks to all who provided valuable input!).

List of main changes:
- Separate sections on NADA congestion control algorithm (now Sec. 4) and
its recommended practical implementation (now Sec. 5)
- More clear descriptions on receiver procedure of estimating delay,
packet loss/marking ratio, and receiving rate in Sec. 5.1
- Descriptions of the rate shaping buffer and its influence belongs to
Sec. 5.2, as a recommended feature

- Renamed many variables and parameters for more consistent notation
styles; added a subsection on list of variables and parameters (Sec. 4.1);
- Slight change in calculation of NADA rate during in gradual rate update;
also revised the form of that rate update equation to provide more
intuition on how the rate update is calculated (we¹ll share on the mailing
list updated performance eval of NADA next week)
- Discussions are various open issues are grouped under the same section
(Sec. 7) 

Folks are encouraged to read this new version. Comments, questions, and
critiques are welcome!

Best,
Xiaoqing

On 10/9/15, 4:54 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-01.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Xiaoqing Zhu and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Name:		draft-ietf-rmcat-nada
>Revision:	01
>Title:		NADA: A Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media
>Document date:	2015-10-09
>Group:		rmcat
>Pages:		22
>URL:            
>https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-01.txt
>Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada/
>Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-01
>Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-01
>
>Abstract:
>   This document describes NADA (network-assisted dynamic adaptation), a
>   novel congestion control scheme for interactive real-time media
>   applications, such as video conferencing.  In the proposed scheme,
>   the sender regulates its sending rate based on either implicit or
>   explicit congestion signaling, in a unified approach.  The scheme can
>   benefit from explicit congestion notification (ECN) markings from
>   network nodes.  It also maintains consistent sender behavior in the
>   absence of such markings, by reacting to queuing delays and packet
>   losses instead.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
>submission
>until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>

---

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 21:03:49 +0000

Sharing a collection of preliminary evaluation results for the updated
NADA algorithm. 

BTW, I caught a few errors in the new draft, since they are pretty minor
I’ve added one slide to point those out. (Chairs: please advise if you
prefer that we update the draft instead).

More evaluations are under way. We are open to suggestions from folks
regarding what additional results they are interested in seeing.

Thanks,
Xiaoqing

On 10/9/15, 5:12 PM, "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>>Diff:           
>>https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-01
>>
>>Abstract: