Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 08:47:38 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques of the IETF.

        Title           : Modeling Video Traffic Sources for RMCAT Evaluations
        Authors         : Xiaoqing Zhu
                          Sergio Mena de la Cruz
                          Zaheduzzaman Sarker
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-03.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2017-07-18

Abstract:
   This document describes two reference video traffic source models for
   evaluating RMCAT candidate algorithms.  The first model statistically
   characterizes the behavior of a live video encoder in response to
   changing requests on target video rate.  The second model is trace-
   driven, and emulates the encoder output by scaling the pre-encoded
   video frame sizes from a widely used video test sequence.  Both
   models are designed to strike a balance between simplicity,
   repeatability, and authenticity in modeling the interactions between
   a video traffic source and the congestion control module.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Xiaoqing Zhu (xiaoqzhu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 15:54:53 +0000

Hi,

Here is an updated version of the video-traffic-model draft. 

The main changes are in Sec. 5, where we've updated the statistical models of both transient and steady-state behaviors based on the collection of empirical data presented during the Interim meeting (see slides at https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim-2017-rmcat-01/slides/slides-interim-2017-rmcat-01-sessa-update-on-video-traffic-model-draft-00.pdf)

In addition, this revision contains some editorial changes and notational clean-ups throughout. 

As always, review comments are welcome as we consider this work to be fairly mature at this stage.

Thanks,
Xiaoqing

________________________________________
From: rmcat <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [rmcat] I-D Action: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model-03.txt

Abstract: