Subject: [rmcat] Document Action: 'Self-Clocked Rate Adaptation for Multimedia' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 10:52:54 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Self-Clocked Rate Adaptation for Multimedia'
  (draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc-13.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc/

Technical Summary

   This memo describes a rate adaptation algorithm for conversational
   media services such as video.  The solution conforms to the packet
   conservation principle and uses a hybrid loss and delay based
   congestion control algorithm.  The algorithm is evaluated over both
   simulated Internet bottleneck scenarios as well as in a Long Term
   Evolution (LTE) system simulator and is shown to achieve both low
   latency and high video throughput in these scenarios.

Working Group Summary

   The document has been reviewed by the RMCAT WG and 
   there have been no controversial points.

Document Quality

   The SCReAM algorithm has been implemented in the OpenWebRTC project,
   an open source WebRTC implementation from Ericsson
   Research.  This SCReAM implementation is usable with any WebRTC
   endpoint using OpenWebRTC.

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Martin Stiemerling ([email-masked])
   The responsible Area Director is Mirja Kuehlewind ([email-masked])

RFC Editor Note

  Please edit the following sentence in section 3.3:
  OLD: "... it MAY be necessary to implement additional actions, .."
  NEW: "... a SCReAM sender  MAY implement additional actions, .."