Subject: [rmcat] RFC 8298 on Self-Clocked Rate Adaptation for Multimedia

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 10:00:32 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8298

        Title:      Self-Clocked Rate Adaptation for Multimedia 
        Author:     I. Johansson, Z. Sarker
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      36
        Characters: 80538
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmcat-scream-cc-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8298

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8298

This memo describes a rate adaptation algorithm for conversational
media services such as interactive video.  The solution conforms to
the packet conservation principle and uses a hybrid loss-and-delay-
based congestion control algorithm.  The algorithm is evaluated over
both simulated Internet bottleneck scenarios as well as in a Long
Term Evolution (LTE) system simulator and is shown to achieve both
low latency and high video throughput in these scenarios.

This document is a product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC