Subject: [rmcat] Background traffic traces

From: Simone Ferlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 11:06:23 +0100

Hello all,

Sorry for the spam for those in both lists...

Is there any remote chance that anybody in this group is working with
some common traffic traces from a real capture to compare algorithms?
I remember seeing this in RMCAT  few months (if not years...) ago, but
my search now ended in /dev/null.

Any pointers to find something like that?
I am trying to replace some components such as synthetic traffic
traces for a (controlled) measurement setup, and this would be of
great help.

Thanks,
Simone

---

From: Ingemar Johansson S <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 07:44:25 +0000

Hi Simone 

I assume that you with traffic traces, refer to RTP packet streams from a video encoder, right ?. 
If that is the case then I can possibly arrange with some traces (tcpdump) from our multicamera permobile platform based on SCReAM CC, do you need a fixed target bitrate ? 

/Ingemar

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Simone Ferlin [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: den 12 december 2017 11:06
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: [rmcat] Background traffic traces
> 
> Hello all,
> 
> Is there any remote chance that anybody in this group is working with some
> common traffic traces from a real capture to compare algorithms?
> I remember seeing this in RMCAT  few months (if not years...) ago, but my
> search now ended in /dev/null.
> 
> I am trying to replace some components such as synthetic traffic traces for a
> (controlled) measurement setup, and this would be of great help.
> 
> Thanks,
> Simone
>

---

From: Sergio Mena <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 09:23:55 +0100

Hello Simone,

You can try the following open source repo:

https://github.com/cisco/syncodecs

This is a reference implementation of 
draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model. Besides, it contains a set of 
traces we obtained with Mozilla's h264 earlier this year.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Sergio