Subject: [rmcat] Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-12

From: Sheng Jiang via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 01:16:14 -0700

Reviewer: Sheng Jiang
Review result: Has Nits

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF
drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD
reviews during the IESG review. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This experimental document describes an experimental congestion control scheme 
called network-assisted dynamic adaptation (NADA). The sender regulates its
sending rate based on either implicit or explicit congestion signaling. The
document has only described the mechanism and algorithms. This does NOT define
any massage format, massage exchanging procedure, etc. therefore, it is NOT a
traditional standard document which is mainly for inter-operation purpose.
Based on the assumption that such document was also suitable to be published as
a RFC, I think this document is clear and well-written.

There are a small Nit: draft-ietf-rmcat-video-traffic-model (published as RFC
8593) has been defined as a reference, but not been quoted in the main text.

Reviewer: Sheng Jiang
Review result: Has NITs