Subject: [rmcat] RFC 8698 on Network-Assisted Dynamic Adaptation (NADA): A Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time Media

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 13:02:06 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8698

        Title:      Network-Assisted Dynamic Adaptation (NADA): A 
                    Unified Congestion Control Scheme for Real-Time 
                    Media 
        Author:     X. Zhu, 
                    R. Pan,
                    M. Ramalho,
                    S. Mena
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2020
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmcat-nada-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8698

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8698

This document describes Network-Assisted Dynamic Adaptation (NADA), a
novel congestion control scheme for interactive real-time media
applications such as video conferencing. In the proposed scheme, the
sender regulates its sending rate, based on either implicit or
explicit congestion signaling, in a unified approach. The scheme can
benefit from Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) markings from
network nodes. It also maintains consistent sender behavior in the
absence of such markings by reacting to queuing delays and packet
losses instead.

This document is a product of the RTP Media Congestion Avoidance Techniques Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC