Subject: concast

From: Ken Calvert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 08:36:02 -0400 (EDT)

[I sent a similar message to the rm list earlier in the week, but it
appears not to have made it out.]

Folks,

We'd like to call your attention to draft-calvert-concast-svc-00.txt,
which describes the concast many-to-one service.  After looking over the
current drafts and hearing the presentations earlier this week, it appears
that Concast would make a good RM building block.  It is useful for
aggregation of feedback, both ack/nack and congestion-related.

We'd appreciate any comments.  The draft describes the service independent
of RM, because it is also useful outside the context of multicast.

Cheers,

KC
-- 
Ken Calvert                                     [email-masked]
Associate Professor         ***************NOTE NEW AREA CODE = 859
Computer Science, 773 Anderson Hall                 +1.859.257.6745
University of Kentucky                         Fax: +1.859.323.1971
Lexington, KY 40506-0046            http://www.cs.uky.edu/~calvert/

---

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 08:10:40 -0700

>appears not to have made it out.]

I received it.  

If anyone is on both lists, and didn't get both copies, please let me
know, so I can figure out if there's a problem with the mail server
that handles the rm list.

Cheers,
	Mark

---

From: Lorenzo Vicisano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 09:33:46 -0700

Ken,

Your work seems to be very relevant to the chater of this WG
in the context of GRA (see draft-ietf-rmt-gra-arch-01.txt).
You might want to contact the authors of this draft and see if you
can coordinate your effort with theirs.

	cheers,
	Lorenzo