Subject: [Rmt] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-02.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2002 06:31:16 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Wave and Equation Based Rate Control building block
	Author(s)	: M. Luby, V. Goyal
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-02.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 02-Jul-02
	
Wave and Equation Based Rate Control (WEBRC) provides rate and
congestion control for data delivery.  WEBRC is specifically
designed to support protocols using IP multicast, but could
also be used to provide support to protocols that use unicast.
WEBRC provides multiple rate congestion controlled delivery to
receivers, i.e., different receivers joined to the same
session may be receiving packets at different rates depending
on their individual bandwidth connection to the sender and on
competing traffic along that connection.  WEBRC requires no
feedback from receivers to the sender, i.e., it is a
completely receiver-driven congestion control protocol.  Thus,
WEBRC is designed to scale to potentially massive numbers of
receivers attached to a session from a single sender.
Furthermore, because each individual receiver adjusts to the
available bandwidth between the sender and that receiver,
there is the potential to deliver data to each individual
receiver at the fastest possible rate for that receiver, even
in a highly heterogeneous network architecture, using a single
sender.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-webrc-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.