Subject: [Rmt] RFC 3451 on Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building Block

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:01:58 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3451

        Title:      Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building Block
        Author(s):  M. Luby, J. Gemmell, L. Vicisano, L. Rizzo,
                    M. Handley, J. Crowcroft
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       December 2002
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 72594
        Updates/Obsoletes/See Also:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-lct-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3451.txt

Layered Coding Transport (LCT) provides transport level
support for reliable content delivery and stream delivery
protocols.  LCT is specifically designed to support protocols
using IP multicast, but also provides support to protocols
that use unicast.  LCT is compatible with congestion control
that provides multiple rate delivery to receivers and is also
compatible with coding techniques that provide reliable
delivery of content.

This document is a product of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Discussion and
suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution of this memo
is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.