Subject: [Rmt] IETF56: RMT WG meeting minutes

From: Lorenzo Vicisano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 16:41:32 -0800

please find attached the minutes of the RMT WG meeting.

	thank you,
	Lorenzo Vicisano

###############################################################################

RMT WG Meeting, 56th IETF - San Francisco
Mon, March 17, 1530-1730

Many thanks to Marshall Eubanks for taking minutes.

Agenda:

 - New Charter discussion                                      Lorenzo Vicisano
 - NORM BB and PI updates                                      Brian Adamson
	draft-ietf-rmt-bb-norm-05.txt
	draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-06.txt
 - New "compact" scheme FEC BB                                 Mike Luby
	draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-supp-inband-00.txt
 - New FDALC draft                                             Toni Paila
	draft-paila-rmt-fdalc-00.txt
 - Kick off of the "Small Group Replication Service" subgroup  Rick Boivie

Please see slides for the new charter.
The main feedback on the new charter were:
  - delay the Milestone for TFMCC Experimental submission 
  - it was noted that GRA had been removed from the milestone due to
    perceived lack of resource and interest. It was decided to try and
    and find new resources to work on this. Tom Pusateri to
    investigate on this with the help of Brian Adamson and in
    coordination with the existing GRA authors. Tom to report on this
    in a timely fashion.
  - more comments on the "small-replication service" later in this
    report.

Brian Adamson on NORM BB and PI. Please see slides.
Brian felt that the "implementability" status of NORM is good as long
as both BB and PI are used.

The WG was *strongly encouraged* to provide feedback on these two
documents, soon to be pushed forward.

Mike Luby - ALC updates. Please see slides.
Mike is still waiting for WEBRC BB to be submitted for publication.

Mike Luby on new compact FEC BB. please see slides.

Toni Paila on New FDALC draft. Please see slides.
This is not a working group item yet. The WG decided that this
was to become a WG item as a good completion of ALC. No need
for changes in charter as this is only a completion of ALC.

Rick Boivie presented on Small group replication service. Please
sees slides.

Long discussion followed on whether this work was pertinent to RMT and
on whether this problem had been faced/resolved elsewhere in the
transport or application areas. Many objected that this work did not
belong in RMT. Other suggested possible alternatives, for example
the peer-to-peer research group.

The consensus seemed to be that a BOF is needed, maybe a "end-system
multicast" BOF.

###############################################################################
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt