Subject: [Rmt] implementations of RMT specs

From: Lorenzo Vicisano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:05:47 -0800

Following the recent request from Andrew Marlow, I believe
it would be of general interest to collect a list of publicly
available implementations of RMT protocols.

If you like to contribute, please post a pointer to your
implementation with a brief description including:

  - the protocol (BB, PI) implemented
  - the relevant specs
  - is implementation current (if not which draft version
    is used) ?
  - is the implementation complete ?
  - has it been tested for interoperability ?

It would probably be useful to hear about commercial, non
public-domain implementations too.

	thank you,
	Lorenzo

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

---

From: "Sami Peltotalo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:59:31 +0200

Hi all,

We have implemented FLUTE, so we have also implemented ALC/LCT protocols.
FLUTE is based on latest 07-draft and ALC/LCT are based on the RFCs.
Implementation is quite complete but new features are still going to be
added. We have done interoperability tests with other FLUTE implementations
and those have succeeded quite well.

Link to our site is http://www.atm.tut.fi/mad

Cheers, Sami

---

From: "Michael Luby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:33:54 -0800

Digital Fountain has implemented and sold products that are based on
ALC/LCT/FEC for years, and we are compliant with the RFC versions of all
these specs  (RFC 3450, 3451, 3452) and the implementations are quite
mature.  There have been no interoperability tests with other vendors.

(1) The Transporter Fountain product line (which supports both multicast and
unicast, and also supports the latest version of  theWEBRC congestion
control protocol that is on its way to becoming an RFC) has been used
extensively by Hollywood for moving Digital Dailies (Harry Potter 3, Last
Samurai, Fast and Furious 2, Return of the Ring see e.g.,
http://www.digitalfountain.com/company/pressReleaseItem.cfm?uid=47), by the
U.S. military in Iraq and Afghanistan (for example in the rescue of Jessica
Lynch, see http://www.fcw.com/fcw/articles/2003/0630/tec-data-06-30-03.asp),
and for many other applications too numerous and confidential to list.  A
pointer to the Transporter Fountain product is
http://www.digitalfountain.com/support/index.cfm, although we are no longer
actively selling this and have moved to a licensing model.

(2) In the licensing model, our FEC codecs are fully compliant with the FEC
building block RFC 3452 and/or the latest draft of the Compact FEC building
block (that is in the RFC editor's queue and soon to be published if there
are no further IETF delays), and have been or about to be deployed for a
number of applications, including military (see
http://www.digitalfountain.com/company/pressReleaseItem.cfm?uid=49to),
automobiles, and commercial streaming applications
http://www.convergedigest.com/DSL/lastmilearticle.asp?ID=9204.  A pointer
for our core FEC product is
http://www.digitalfountain.com/licensing/products/DFcore.cfm.

Sorry if this is too commercial for RMT, but heh, I didn't ask the question,
I just gave the (far from full) response ;)
Mike

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Sami
> Peltotalo
> Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 10:00 PM
> To: Rmt
> Subject: RE: [Rmt] implementations of RMT specs
>
>
> Hi all,
>

---

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 09:34:26 +0100

We, at INRIA, have implemented several RMT BBs and PIs:

** ALC PI and LCT BB, compliant with the related RFCs

   FLUTE (v-07) is also implemented (some advanced features are
   missing, though) and successful interoperability tests have been
   carried out with three other implementations.

   The RLC and FLID-SL (static version only) congestion control protocols
   are also available, even if they are not documented in any I-D/RFC.

** Open Source Large Block FEC BB

   This codec is available independantly (for use in other tools) and is
   also fully integrated in our ALC/FLUTE tools.

** NORM BB/PI is partially implemented, but is not in line with the latest
   documents. Yet a great part of the stuff is already here...

These softwares, that follow a GNU GPL or LGPL licence (see the web
site for more info on licences), are available at:

http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/people/roca/mcl/

Regards,

    Vincent and the other members of the MCLv3 project.

---------------------- http://www.inrialpes.fr/planete/people/roca/
   INRIA Rhone-Alpes - projet planete      [email-masked]
   Zirst; 655 av. de l'Europe; Montbonnot  phone (+33) 4.76.61.52.16
   38334 ST ISMIER cedex - France          fax   (+33) 4.76.61.52.52