Subject: [Rmt] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Negative-acknowledgment (NACK)-Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocol
	Author(s)	: B. Adamson, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-00.txt,.ps,.pdf
	Pages		: 85
	Date		: 2005-10-17
	
   This document describes the messages and procedures of the Negative-
   acknowledgment (NACK) Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) protocol.
   This protocol is designed to provide end-to-end reliable transport of
   bulk data objects or streams over generic IP multicast routing and
   forwarding services.  NORM uses a selective, negative acknowledgment
   mechanism for transport reliability and offers additional protocol
   mechanisms to allow for operation with minimal "a priori"
   coordination among senders and receivers.  A congestion control
   scheme is specified to allow the NORM protocol to fairly share
   available network bandwidth with other transport protocols such as
   Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).  It is capable of operating with
   both reciprocal multicast routing among senders and receivers and
   with asymmetric connectivity (possibly a unicast return path) between
   the senders and receivers.  The protocol offers a number of features
   to allow different types of applications or possibly other higher
   level transport protocols to utilize its service in different ways.
   The protocol leverages the use of FEC-based repair and other IETF
   reliable multicast transport (RMT) building blocks in its design.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt