Subject: [Rmt] Reed-Solomon I-D available

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:03:07 +0200

Hello everybody,

An Internet-draft describing a fully specified Reed-Solomon FEC scheme
is now available:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lacan-rmt-fec-bb-rs-00.txt

Abstract

   This document describes a Fully-Specified FEC scheme for the Reed-
   Solomon forward error correction code and its application to reliable
   delivery of data objects on the packet erasure channel.

   The Reed-Solomon codes belong to the class of Maximum Distance
   Separable (MDS) codes, i.e, they enable a receiver to recover the k
   source symbols from any set of k received symbols.

   The implementation described here is compatible with the IPR-free
   implementation described in [5].

   Jerome / Vincent / Sami / Jani

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt