Subject: [Rmt] [EXP2STD] Remaining LCT and ALC issues

From: "Mark Watson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:12:59 -0400

All,

Three final issues with the update of these two:

1)     We have discussed previously (and there is reference in the FEC
BB) the possibility for Content Delivery Protocols to provide an
indication when a packet contains only source data. This allows the
support of FEC Schemes which define different FEC Payload ID formats for
such packets - in particular FEC Payload ID information which is only
relevant to receivers supporting FEC decoding can be omitted from
packets containing only source data.

It's been suggested previously that one of the reserved bits in the LCT
header could be used for this purpose. However, LCT is an independent
building block from the FEC Building block. A clean implementation of
this idea would be for LCT to define these two reserved bits as
available for Protocol Instantiation-specific use and for ALC to define
the usage above.

2)     It has been suggested that the present definition of Sender
Current Time (ms since the start of the session) is not very useful and
it might be better to replace it with an NTP timestamp. Particularly in
the case of FLUTE this would mean that the SCT and FDT Expiry times
would be expressed in the same format and relative to the same clock.

3)     ALC includes a statement that the IETF had been notified of
Intellectual Property Rights with respect to ALC. According to the IETF
IPR pages, this is incorrect and so I propose to remove this statement.

Comments ??

Regards,

Mark

_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt