Subject: [Rmt] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 18:50:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Low Density Parity Check (LDPC) Staircase and Triangle Forward Error Correction (FEC) Schemes
	Author(s)	: V. Roca, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2007-5-7
	
This document describes two Fully-Specified FEC Schemes, LDPC-
   Staircase and LDPC-Triangle, and their application to the reliable
   delivery of objects on packet erasure channels.  These systematic FEC
   codes belong to the well known class of ``Low Density Parity Check''
   (LDPC) codes, and are large block FEC codes in the sense of RFC3453.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-fec-ldpc-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Rmt mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

---

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 10:00:59 +0200

Hello,

As explained at last IETF, we wanted to do a few (minor) corrections to
the LDPC I-D. Here are the differences WRT version 04:

- we removed erroneous references to an old FEC Enc ID 132;
- we added a sentence (4.1): "Source block numbering starts at 0."
  (anyway it was detailed in section 5.1);
- we clarified a little bit the text (e.g. 5.5);
- we added a missing (!) reference to Radford Neal's copyright (6.2);
- we added a reference to a callback function, in the example decoding
  algorithm (NB: with or without this callback, decoding does not change)
  (Annex A);
- we added some text in the security section (8) instead of pointing to the
  Basic FEC Scheme I-D, as suggested by Magnus;
- and of course we updated the various references.

You can find the detailed diff between the 04 and 06 version at:

http://planete.inrialpes.fr/~roca/doc/fec-ldpc_04_versus_06_diff.html

We do not consider version 05 here because the version that passed the WGLC
was version 04, and version 05 includes a bad security section.

Cheers,

  Vincent, Christoph, David.