Subject: [Rmt] I-D Action:draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:15:03 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NACK-Oriented Reliable Multicast Protocol
	Author(s)       : B. Adamson, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-09.txt
	Pages           : 87
	Date            : 2009-03-09

This document describes the messages and procedures of the Negative-
ACKnowledgment (NACK) Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM) Protocol.
This protocol is designed to provide end-to-end reliable transport of
bulk data objects or streams over generic IP multicast routing and
forwarding services.  NORM uses a selective, negative acknowledgment
mechanism for transport reliability and offers additional protocol
mechanisms to allow for operation with minimal a priori coordination
among senders and receivers.  A congestion control scheme is
specified to allow the NORM protocol to fairly share available
network bandwidth with other transport protocols such as Transmission
Control Protocol (TCP).  It is capable of operating with both
reciprocal multicast routing among senders and receivers and with
asymmetric connectivity (possibly a unicast return path) between the
senders and receivers.  The protocol offers a number of features to
allow different types of applications or possibly other higher level
transport protocols to utilize its service in different ways.  The
protocol leverages the use of FEC-based repair and other IETF
reliable multicast transport (RMT) building blocks in its design.
This document obsoletes RFC 3940.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-pi-norm-revised-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.