Subject: [Rmt] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Simple Authentication Schemes for the ALC and NORM Protocols
	Author(s)	: V. Roca
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2009-3-9
	
This document introduces four schemes that provide a per-packet
   authentication and integrity service in the context of the ALC and
   NORM protocols.  The first scheme is based on digital signatures.
   Because it relies on asymmetric cryptography, this scheme generates a
   high processing load at the sender and to a lesser extent at a
   receiver, as well as a significant transmission overhead.  It is
   therefore well suited to low data rate sessions.  The second scheme
   relies on the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA).  If
   this approach also relies an asymmetric cryptography, the processing
   load and the transmission overhead are significantly reduced compared
   to traditional digital signature schemes.  It is therefore well
   suited to medium data rate sessions.  The third scheme relies on a
   group Message Authentication Code (MAC).  Because this scheme relies
   on symmetric cryptography, MAC calculation and verification are fast
   operations, which makes it suited to high data rate sessions.
   However it only provides a group authentication and integrity
   service, which means that it only protects against attackers that are
   not group members.  Finally, the fourth scheme merges the digital
   signature and group group schemes, and is useful to mitigate DoS
   attacks coming from attackers that are not group members.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-simple-auth-for-alc-norm-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:34:45 +0100

Hello everybody,

This new version now explains how to use ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography)
digital signatures. It was one of the comments of IETF73.

To summarize, we can now use:
- RSA digital sig.
- ECC digital sig.
- group MAC
- RSA dig. sig + Group MAC (to mitigate DoS)
- ECC dig. sig + Group MAC (to mitigate DoS)

(and in parallel, there is the TESLA for ALC/NORM I-D:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-msec-tesla-for-alc-norm-07)

I think we can now go into WGLC.
Regards,

  Vincent

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------