Subject: [Rmt] I-D Action:draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Reliable Multicast Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Layered Coding Transport (LCT) Building Block
	Author(s)       : M. Luby, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised-08.txt
	Pages           : 40
	Date            : 2009-03-27

Layered Coding Transport (LCT) provides transport level support for
reliable content delivery and stream delivery protocols.  LCT is
specifically designed to support protocols using IP multicast, but
also provides support to protocols that use unicast.  LCT is
compatible with congestion control that provides multiple rate
delivery to receivers and is also compatible with coding techniques
that provide reliable delivery of content.  This document obsoletes
RFC3451

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 14:58:17 -0700

Hi Mark,

Can you take care of the ID-nits and submit a new version?

idnits 2.11.07

tmp/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised-08.txt:
tmp/draft-ietf-rmt-bb-lct-revised-08.txt(2114): Line has weird spacing:
'...shop on   the...'

  Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
  http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  == Missing Reference: 'RFC1305' is mentioned on line 934, but not
     defined
     'Protocol (NTP) [RFC1305] to ensure actual time relative to 00:00...'

  -- Obsolete informational reference (is this intentional?): RFC 1889
     (Obsoleted by RFC 3550)

[email-masked] skrev:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Rmt mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rmt

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:04:25 -0700

Watson, Mark skrev:
> Hmm, when I submitted it the tool said there were no nits, but now
> clicking on the nits link gives the below. Is there a lower standard for
> submitting a draft ?

Yes, the draft submission only does the boiler-plate check. When going
for publication I raise the level quite high.

> 
> I will fix these things are resubmit.

Thanks, I will IETF last call as soon as it is available.

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: "Watson, Mark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:01:48 -0700

Hmm, when I submitted it the tool said there were no nits, but now clicking on the nits link gives the below. Is there a lower standard for submitting a draft ?

...Mark

On 3/27/09 2:58 PM, "Magnus Westerlund" <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi Mark,

idnits 2.11.07

     No issues found here.

--

Magnus Westerlund