Subject: [Rmt] CFP: Nanoscale Networking Special Issue of AD HOC NETWORKS (ELSEVIER) JOURNAL

From: "Bush, Stephen F (GE, Research)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:58:37 -0400

AD HOC NETWORKS (ELSEVIER) JOURNAL

A Special Issue on 

"Nanoscale Networking"

"There is plenty of room at the bottom" as Feynman presciently stated
about the atomic scale, and communication is needed down there. There is
a growing trend of results from diverse approaches that both leverages
and overcomes the environment at the nanoscale. These include molecular
motors, random carbon nanotube networks, calcium signaling, and quantum
networking to name a few. The goal of this issue is to focus upon ad hoc
networking at the nanoscale and thus is not seeking static
system-on-chip results unless they are in support of ad hoc nanoscale
network approaches. The following list provides example topics (in no
particular order):

*	Molecular Communication: Sparse-molecule communication,
molecular motors, calcium signaling, communication via diffusive
processes, single-nanotube radios, pheromones and stigmergic
communication, etc... 
*	Quantum Communication Networks: Hybrid classical quantum
communication networks, repeaters, teleportation, entanglement swapping,
nanoscale photon detectors, quantum dot networks, networks and quantum
robotics, etc... 
*	Applications for Nano-Networks: Wireless nanoscale transmitters
and receivers, nano-sensors and actuators, nanorobotics, medical and
in-vivo imaging and sensing, lab-on-a-chip, swarm micro- and
nano-inspection, embedding sensing, etc... 
*	Modeling, Simulation, Standards and Architectural Aspects of
Nano-Networks: Physical characterization/modeling of nano-scale
interconnects and devices, fault-tolerant and reliability of
nano-devices, self-healing properties of nano-networks, energy
efficiency, bio-inspired aspects, etc... 
*	Novel Information and Graph Theory Aspects of Nano-Networks:
Network architectures and topologies, statistical mechanics approach to
nano-communications, routing/addressing issues in nano-networks,
nano-coding, applications of complex network theory, self-organization
in nano-scale systems, modeling of nano/bio communication channels,
etc... 
*	Device Physics and Interconnects: Nano-technologies and devices
for nanoscale biological and ad hoc network on-chip interconnects
(calcium signaling, molecular motors, CNTs, graphene nano-ribbons,
semic., metallic and DNA-templated nanowires), optical and wireless
interconnects, etc... 
*	Nano-Robotics: Communication systems and networking protocols
for sub-inch robotic systems, including low-bandwidth coordination
schemes for nano-robot teams and range and bearing devices for
inter-robot relative positioning, etc... 
*	Bio-nano Applications: Bio-micro/nanoelectronics, molecular
scale chemical and biosensors, bio-MEMS technology, data and power
management, nano-scale and molecular communications and information
processing, Information theory analysis of biological communications,
molecular computation using molecular cells, chemical computing, etc...

The list is not restrictive - authors are encouraged to contact the
editors before submitting a paper to determine whether the proposed
submission is within the scope of this Special Issue.

Prospective authors should prepare their manuscripts according to the
guidelines in the Guide for Authors, found at
http://ees.elsevier.com/adhoc <http://www.elsevier.com/locate/comnet> ,
and submit them to the online submission and reviewing tool, at
http://www.editorialmanager.com/comnet
<http://www.editorialmanager.com/comnet> , choosing the Article Type:
SI-Nanoscale Networking.

Important Dates

Paper Submission Deadline:       Sep 4, 2009

Notification:                              Feb 12, 2009 

Revisions due:                           May 7, 2010

Final version due:                      Jul 9, 2010

Publication Date:                       2nd half 2010

Guest Editor

Stephen F Bush, IEEE Nano-Scale, Molecular, and Quantum Networking
Committee Chair, ([email-masked])