Subject: [Rmt] NORM IANA Consideration update

From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 14:24:15 -0400

RMT participants,

At the suggestion of IANA, the updated NORM draft includes language  
and registry information for additional IETF specifications to extend  
the NORM_CMD sub-type set.  Similarly the NORM Stream Control Code is  
discussed/registered in the IANA considerations as well.  Standards  
action is required to register these.

These registries will allow extension specifications to enhance NORM  
behavior (e.g., additional session control messaging, etc) in a more  
standardized manner than the built-in "application-defined  
commands" (which are still included and available for specific apps  
without standards action wr2 NORM required).

Since this is a notable addition, we felt it important to bring it to  
the working group's attention for any comments, objections, etc.   
There was no change to the protocol spec, just that these field values  
assignments were raised to IANA visibility.

Since the NORM document is in IESG review, a timely response is  
requested.

best regards,

Brian Adamson
[email-masked]