Subject: [rohc] question: interpretation of double Marker bits

From: Alan Kennington <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 02:18:07 +0930

Question about RFC 3095.

What do you do if you receive two Marker bits in an ROHC header with
an extension?

These packets have both an X bit and an M (Marker) bit in the main header:
R-1, R-1-ID, R-1-TS, UOR-2, UOR-2-ID, UOR-2-TS.

If header extension format 3 has an RTP section, then it has a
Marker bit in the RTP flags byte.

Is it intentional that there are often two Marker bits?
I assume they should always be the same.
But if they are different, should the packet be rejected?
Or should one or the other be used by the decompressor?

In the case of the double 4-bit CC field, the ROHC implementer's
guide says that the second copy should be used if they are different,
although it would be more logical to reject the packet because
the difference should indicate a packet header error.

So what is the interpretation for the double Marker bit?

Cheers,
Alan Kennington.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc