Subject: RE: [rohc] Problem with RFC 3095 Extension Header encoding

From: Remi Pelland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:47:31 -0400

Hi,

I was interrested to see the answers to the questions below about extension
header encoding.  Unfortunately, I haven't seen any feedback on the mailing
list.

How do current implementations support AH, ESP and GRE?  How are these
sequence numbers encoded?

Thanks,
Rémi.

-----Original Message-----
From: Price, Richard [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 12:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [rohc] Problem with RFC 3095 Extension Header encoding

Hi,

I'm currently attempting to add support for IP Extension Headers to
our ROHC-TCP implementation - the plan is to reuse the existing packet
formats from RFC 3095. However, I'm having some difficulty decoding the
compressed versions of the AH, ESP and GRE Sequence Numbers.

What isn't clear from the standard is the following:

1. What interpretation interval should I use to decode the sequence
   number LSBs?

2. Should the decoded sequence number be treated as an absolute value,
   or as an offset from the RTP Sequence Number?

If I've missed the relevant text in RFC 3095, please let me know!

Thanks,

Richard
_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc