Subject: [rohc] RFC-3095 question: Parsing of UOR-2-* + Extension 3

From: Remi Pelland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:25:27 -0400

Hi,

Section 4.8 of the ROHC Implementer's Guide (rev 03) says that when the RND
flag changes in Extension 3, "the decompressor should re-parse the UOR-2-*
packet."

Instead of parsing the UOR-2-* packet and re-parsing it if RND changes, is
it correct to simply parse the packet using the value of RND included in the
Extension 3, regardless if it changes or not (provided the field is present
in the extension)?  When the RND flag is not in the extension, then as
usual, the value of RND in the associated decompressor context is used.  

In other words, when parsing an UOR-2-* packet that contains an Extension 3,
the value of RND included in the extension overrides the one in the context
when parsing.

Off course this requires to take peek at the Extension 3 content before
parsing the packet, but this is possible since the X-bit is at the same
location for all UOR-2-* packets.

Thanks,
Rémi.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc