Subject: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:44:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RObust Header Compression (ROHC): TCP/IP Profile (ROHC-TCP)
	Author(s)	: G. Pelletier, Q. Zhang, L. Jonsson, H. Liao, M. West
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-05.txt
	Pages		: 61
	Date		: 2003-10-28
	
This document specifies a ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profile
for compression of TCP/IP packets. The profile, called ROHC-TCP, is a
robust header compression scheme for TCP/IP that provides improved
compression efficiency and enhanced capabilities for compression of
various header fields including TCP options.

Existing TCP/IP header compression schemes do not work well when used
over links with significant error rates and long round-trip times.
For many bandwidth limited links where header compression is
essential, such characteristics are common. In addition, existing
schemes [RFC-1144, RFC-2507] have not addressed how to compress TCP
options such as SACK (Selective Acknowledgements) [RFC-2018, RFC-2883] and Timestamps [RFC-1323].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-05.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-05.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ghyslain Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:51:17 +0100

ROHCers,

An updated version of the draft describing the ROHC profile of TCP,
<draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-05.txt>, has been submitted. There has been lots of
changes based on previous discussions. In particular, the following has
been updated:

- Packet formats using the formal notation have been added
- The state machine (compressor and decompressor) for this profile now
  has its own section.
- MSN initializes to zero and is LSB coded when sent

Please comment on these changes and the updated version in general.

Regards,

/Ghyslain

Ghyslain Pelletier, Dipl. Ing.
Wireless IP Optimizations
AWARE - Advanced Wireless Algorithm Research
Ericsson Research, Corporate Unit

Ericsson AB, Laboratoriegränd 11
Box 920, S-97128 Luleå, SWEDEN
Phone : +46 (0) 920 20 24 32 
Mobile: +46 (0) 70 609 27 73
[email-masked]
http://www.ericsson.com

[email-masked] wrote:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Ghyslain Pelletier, Dipl. Ing.
Wireless IP Optimizations
AWARE - Advanced Wireless Algorithm Research
Ericsson Research, Corporate Unit

Ericsson AB, Laboratoriegränd 11
Box 920, S-97128 Luleå, SWEDEN
Phone : +46 (0) 920 20 24 32 
Mobile: +46 (0) 706 09 27 73
[email-masked]
http://www.ericsson.com

I have a new mail address: [email-masked]
My old e-mail address will function until 2004-06-01.
Please change my address in your personal address book.

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc