Subject: [rohc] ROHC WG status update

From: "Lars-Erik Jonsson (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:03:55 +0100

Document status:

  Published:
     RFC 3095: Framework and four profiles
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-09.txt)
     RFC 3096: RTP requirements
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-requirements-05.txt)
     RFC 3241: ROHC over PPP
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-over-ppp-04.txt)
     RFC 3242: LLA RTP
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-03.txt)
     RFC 3243: 0-byte RTP requirements
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-0-byte-requirements-02.txt)
     RFC 3320: SigComp
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-07.txt)
     RFC 3321: SigComp extended operations
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-extended-04.txt)
     RFC 3322: SigComp Requirements and assumptions
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-signaling-req-assump-06.txt)
     RFC 3408: LLA R-mode extension
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lla-r-mode-03.txt)
     RFC 3409: ROHC RTP Lower layer guidelines
                      (was: draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-lower-guidelines-03.txt)

  In RFC editor queue:
     None!

  Passed IETF last-call:
     None!

  In IETF last-call:
     None!

  Submitted to IESG:
     draft-ietf-rohc-mib-rtp-06.txt (Proposed Standard)
                ** Has passed MIB doctor review and been updated
     draft-ietf-rohc-terminology-and-examples-02.txt (Informational)
                ** Has been waiting for MIB
     draft-ietf-rohc-ip-only-05.txt (Proposed Standard)
                ** Was just submitted to the IESG

  In WG last-call:
     None!

  Current WG documents:
     ROHC RTP/Framework/Draft Standard:
           * draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-impl-guide-04.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-rtp-rfc3095-interoperability-02.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-01.txt

     ROHC TCP:
           * draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-requirements-06.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-05.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-formal-notation-02.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-context-replication-01.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-tcp-field-behavior-02.txt

     SigComp:
           * draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-impl-guide-01.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-user-guide-00.txt
           * draft-ietf-rohc-sigcomp-sip-00.txt

WG status:

  TCP: This work item is finally converging and we can now see the
       light in the end of the tunnel. The formal notation is now
       rather stable and complete, and the TCP profile itself is
       synchronized with both the notation and the replication
       drafts.

  RTP/Framework/DS (3095bis): The IP profile is finalized, and
       the UDP-Lite profile is on hold, waiting for UDP-Lite
       itself to get published. The Draft Standard work has been
       delayed, but there is still good hope to get this going
       rather soon. There have been significant discussions of
       various details in 3095, which will make 3095bis much
       clearer and better.

  SigComp: Not much discussions on the list, and the documents
       have not evolved much. Here we should try to get better
       progress. The SigComp feedback draft is not even published
       as a WG draft, maybe it will never be.

WG administrative issues:

  The "committed reviewers" concept was successfully tested on the
  IP profile. We will continue in the same way with the rest of
  our documents.

  Updated milestones have been proposed, and we are currently 
  waiting for AD approval.

--------------------------------------
Lars-Erik Jonsson
IETF ROHC WG Chair
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +46 920 20 21 07
Home: +46 920 999 57

My opinions are my personal opinions and should not be considered
as the opinions of my employer, if not explicitly stated. 

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc