Subject: [rohc] Possible using ROHC on a multinode subnet?

From: "Maarten Gerbrands \(NC3A\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:04:59 +0200

Gorry,

Thanks for responding to my question:  "Possible using ROHC on a
multinode subnet?"

What I mean is unicast communication to several different end points.

Will ROHC work on a single Ethernet LAN, where all nodes connected to it
are equipped with a single ROHC decompressor/compressor used for

all incoming and outgoing unicast?

  rohc-enabled-node-1
rohc-enabled-node-3

           |                                                         |

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------| Ether

                               |

                      rohc-enabled-node-2

An Ethernet LAN behaves similar to a STANAG 5066 HF subnet.

Is the ROHC scheme designed so, that it is possible node 1 and 2
exchange compressed IP frames 

while node 1 exchanges compressed IP frames with node 3 as well.

regards,

Maarten Gerbrands
Communication Network Branch,
Communication and Information Systems Division
NATO C3 Agency