Subject: [rohc] Use of UDVM registers 6 to 9

From: suman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 18:47:20 +0530

Section 7.2 of rfc 3320 describes the format of the first 32 bytes in UDVM
memory.

"  Addresses 6 to 9 are initialized to the length of the partial state
   identifier, followed by the state_length from the retrieved state
   item. "

Does it mean that the state_length will be updated with the state_length of
the
state item for which a STATE-ACCESS/STATE-CREATE instruction is executed ?

Just rephrasing the above statement with an example..

if a STATE-CREATE instruction is executed for a state-item whose
state-length is 300 bytes,
will the value of registers, 8-9 in UDVM be loaded with 300. Will this be
done by state handler ??

Please confirm,

thanks
suman

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc