Subject: [rohc] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 15:46:22 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Robust Header Compression Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RObust Header Compression (ROHC):Profiles for UDP-Lite
	Author(s)	: G. Pelletier
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 2004-5-17
	
This document defines ROHC (Robust Header Compression) profiles for
   compression of RTP/UDP-Lite/IP packets (Real-Time Transport Protocol,
   User Datagram Protocol Lite, Internet Protocol) and UDP-Lite/IP.
   These profiles are defined based on their differences with the
   profiles specified in RFC 3095 [2] for UDP [6].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ghyslain Pelletier (LU/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:55:44 +0200

RoHCers,

An updated version of the draft describing the ROHC profiles for UDP-Lite,
<draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt>, has been submitted.

The draft is now available at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt

Changes based on previous discussions are included.

In particular, the following has been updated:

- Shorter abstract
- "Coverage Extension" (CE) changed to "Checksum Coverage Extension" (CCE)
- Clarification on precedence of field(CC) matching packet length
  over matching context(CC)
  see http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/rohc/current/msg02212.html 
- Harmonization with the IP-only profile:
  - Additional mode transition logic (section 5.6)
  - Constant IP-ID
  see http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/rohc/current/msg02202.html
- Updated IANA Considerations section
- The draft follows the updated template for IETF drafts
- Other editorial changes (NiTS, updated references, etc.)
  see http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/rohc/current/msg02207.html

Please comment on these changes and the updated version in general.

Regards,

/Ghyslain 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: den 17 maj 2004 21:46
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rohc-udp-lite-03.txt

	

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

_______________________________________________
Rohc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rohc